Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is Rengar worth it?

Creator: Forgottenduty March 12, 2013 7:50pm
1 2
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 9:20am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Eeeh, lol.

Rengar is a lot better top than jungle imo. His laning phase is strong, but if he doesn't get ahead and snowball it can be troublesome for him to be of great value in teamfights (by eliminating the enemy AD before he has a chance to say "OH SNAP IT'S RENGAR, SOMEONE PROTECT ME"). His late game generally just relies more on how well he does early/mid and he has to build damage rather than being able to build anything and still deal damage (like Darius for example). On top of that, he's also not the easiest champion to learn.

Having said all that, he does have high snowball potential (even if you pick up some random kills in the first couple of teamfights after going even in lane, that's fine), is a lot of fun to play and deals incredible damage incredibly fast (if you execute his combo properly) once fed.

In conclusion:
  • Can he be good? Yes.
  • Are others better than him right now? They are assuming you don't get fed in laning phase.
  • Should I buy Rengar if I want a good jungler? No.
  • Should I buy Rengar if I'm new to playing top lane and want to learn how it works? No.
  • Should I buy him once I am more familiar with the role and am looking to pick up a fun champ? Hell yes.

Then if he is so much better top why I see him as a jungler most of the time lol?? Weird choices are weird.
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 9:23am | Report
Because he can jungle, he's just not that good imo :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 11:16am | Report
Rengar is worth it if you actually take the time to learn him imo. He doesn't have a lot of good matchups top though.

Also, blowing up squishies with Sword of the Divine is always fun.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 11:49am | Report
I agree 90% with Wayne. My 10% would be dont pick rengar, he's garbage right now. Even kha is a better top ATM.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 12:32pm | Report
Understood throatslasher. Thanks for the info.
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide