Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Item Preview - The Storm

Creator: cooper56 November 14, 2012 12:31pm
1 2 3 4
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 10:03am | Report
And what do you intend to replace with the survivability?

IE? what about the massive crit bonus you get or the extra attack damage you get from it, which you know, frozen mallet doesnt give near as much.

For that matter you should have red buff that will let you kite just fine.

gonna replace the Last whisper? what if they stack armor, what then?

getting rid of GA? good luck not getting focused.

I dont think they have romo to build tankier even with this, the other items they tend to use are important except in a few cases where something else works better for them. A few ADCs might be able to go bruiser on us but not all of them.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 10:05am | Report
Read the link I posted: Like TF's "Draw a card" and Sona's "Power Cord" for example, Sivir's "Ricchoet" is an one-time attack modifier and thus won't work with Hurricane.

And if Riot buffs burst Assass more I really like to see how the current ranged ADCs are going to survive.
If they get one-shotted by a stealth/gap-closer user assassaine I wonder what good Life Steal and Slow is going to do.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 10:21am | Report
They already DO get oneshot by the likes of talon and akali provided talon and akali doesn't go 0/6 the entire game. They won't get any survivability vs that if every assassin starts building some form of armpen anyways, burst assassins are just that, burst assassins. Building survivability on the ADC in an attempt to save them from the Burst assassin will take to much effort because you won't get enough damage and pay off doing that to be useful in the fight.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 1:17pm | Report

I disagree. I don't think ad's will build any tankier, I just think this will be a sick item to replace the newly nerfed PD with. This could be roflstomp on ashe and sivir, imo. God, I hope this works with sivir's ricochet. You throw an auto attack and a w and all of a sudden there are BB's everywhere....

its been comfirmed that it wont work with sivirs ricochet, but i can see this item being amazing on Ashe
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Oh god I didn't even think about ashe...
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Burst assass mostly get some Flat ArmPen atm to nullify the little armor ADCs have.
Bigger stuff is for late game and against some bruiser heavy teams.

With the Penetration rework incoming it's really unstable in what direction the Meta will be tilted.

Riot sayed that they wanted to counter the current bruiser gameplay making it more inefficient to build bruiser types.
Normally that would mean that the whole game would go less defensive and more offensive, but I can't see how it could be balanced fairly enough not to totally floor non-assassine melees and tanks.

Sooooo I'm going to wait with what Riot's going to come up with, IF they come up with any change at all and not sneakly gloss over it because it was too hard to balance again.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide