Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports...

Creator: YayaFTW December 5, 2012 3:44am
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 3:44am | Report
SOURCE: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2864421

Red post:

Quoted:
Hi Summoners,

Today I’ve got some tough news to share with you. We take sportsmanship and player behavior very seriously, and we fundamentally believe that pro players should not be exempt from scrutiny over their behavior. In fact, we believe pros have an additional opportunity to act as positive role models for the entire community.

The decision to impact someone’s career is not one we make lightly, which is why this is tough news to deliver. Unfortunately, our Tribunal recently was forced to permanently ban a pro player as a response to his persistent toxic behavior, and after closely reviewing the individual’s case and history, the Riot eSports team has issued a ruling that follows this post.

We fully understand that there are other pro players who behave poorly from time to time, and we do not condone any unsportsmanlike behavior. It’s important to note how severe and consistent the behavior of this particular individual was, as is outlined in the ruling. No other professional players in NA approach this individual’s harassment score – that said, we monitor all pro player behavior actively and we will continue to make that clear to all pro teams, and will take necessary action should any other players demonstrate unacceptable behavior in the future.

Promoting good sportsmanship and improving player behavior is a mission that’s extremely important to Riot, and this ruling is a reflection of our commitment.
League of Legends Competition Ruling

Player: Christian Rivera / IWillDominate
Date of Ruling: 12.03.12
Subject: Suspension; Violations of Summoner’s Code

Facts:
Recently, IWillDominate was brought before the Tribunal for consideration of a permanent ban. The majority of players voted to punish and today the Riot player behavior team has approved the ban after review of the case.

IWillDominate has been in Tribunal nine times and punished eight times, including the most recent permanent ban. He has a persistent record of in-game harassment, verbal abuse, offensive language and negative attitude.

Despite the punishments and official warnings, his harassment score has risen more than 30% from early August to the present date, placing him at the top of the list of North American pro players and among the worst 0.7% of all North American players.

There also have been repeated incidents of similar behavior outside the game.

Relevant Rules:
The Summoner's Code establishes the standards of behavior for all League of Legends players.

Analysis:
IWillDominate has consistently engaged in behavior which violates the letter and spirit of the Summoner’s Code.

His persistent tendency to engage in verbal abuse and insults, his lack of cordial demeanor, and his treatment of less-skilled players is unacceptable for any player, especially a high-profile professional player who has a regular opportunity to lead the community by example.

Ruling:
IWillDominate has violated the letter and spirit of the Summoner’s Code in a systematic fashion.

Penalties:
IWillDominate is ineligible to play in the League of Legends Championship Series for a period of one year. This suspension shall commence immediately.

In addition, all other existing known accounts used by IWillDominate are permanently banned.

Heh, **** just got real.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 4:15am | Report
check news-section, post already there.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 4:18am | Report
He had to been put in front of the Tribunal 9 ******* TIMES to come to this conclusion?

What is the average for that? 3 at best?

Good thing THAT they came this conlusion, Bad thing that they are scared ****less to treat "pro" players the same like "average" ones.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 4:59am | Report
Reading this feels like a fantasy book hehe...

It's like LoL will take over the world and force some magical **** on us like Sword Art Online, just without the helmets. And then they start talking like old geezers in a council hahahaha xDDD
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 6:32am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

He had to been put in front of the Tribunal 9 ******* TIMES to come to this conclusion?

What is the average for that? 3 at best?

Good thing THAT they came this conlusion, Bad thing that they are scared ****less to treat "pro" players the same like "average" ones.

The end result is still the same. Considering most pro players use LoL AS their job and most of us "average" people don't there is a certain amount of leeway that should be given to those who consider LoL their career.

My point being, the punishment was given out, IWD had multiple chances to change his ways and keep the job he made money with. He kept ****ing up, nopw he's been "fired". Be happy with that rather than complain that "pros" (who are not average players) get treated differently. They are different, but the right judgement was made in the end.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 8:09am | Report
Well said Jeff. Also, don't call people ******s to their face IN PERSON at riot sponsored tournaments. That's just a rumor, but a funny one I thought I'd share
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 8:54am | Report
pro players think the deserve better treatment for playing the game, that's just sad, if you been pro for long you shouldn't expect every game to be feeder free, or a flawless victory. So he probably just raged at a player having a bad game a few two many times.
Sig by IPodPulse
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 9:13am | Report

pro players think the deserve better treatment for playing the game, that's just sad, if you been pro for long you shouldn't expect every game to be feeder free, or a flawless victory. So he probably just raged at a player having a bad game a few two many times.

That's not exactly the point. EVERY player gets toxic once and a while, the thing is a lot of pro players understand when to call it quits and back out for the day, instead of complain. A lot of players Like Dyrus even, will complain their heads off on stream and never say a word in the game chat. There are other ways to complain about it, other than Being abusive. Now here is the problem. This guy made money from playing this game. He WAS different, he was good enough to effectively make this game his career.

Does he deserve special treatment? It looks to me like he got banned bro. I don't think there was anything 'special' about it considering the end result was the same, it just took longer to get there. Because of this ban though, this guy has to go out and find a new way to make money, which can be damn hard.

With that in mind, I'd give him multiple chances to be a man and improve his behavior or find a better outlet for it before I banned him. A player just playing the game is different, if they can't buck up after a tribunal game or two I doubt they ever will. Whats on the line for them? Just a game, not money, not a career, nothing.
Ban out GoodPlays GG

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide