Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Katarina - The Katastrophic Kitty Kat

Creator: Vicarious Vision December 29, 2010 7:08am
Vicarious Vision
<Member>
Vicarious Vision's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 7:08am | Report
Hey guys, im making a new guide for Katarina and i would just like to know what everyone thinks about using the following:

Items: Mejai's Soulstealer - Sorcerer's Shoes - Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Zhonya's Ring - Nashor's Tooth - Hextech Gunblade

Runes: Marks - Magic Pen, Seals - Health per Level, Glyphs - Scaling mana regen, Quints - Flat Health

Masteries: 9/21/0

I would just like to know what kind of a response i will get... I have recently joined MOBAFire and started making guides. i have put some effort into my other guides but they don't seem to be too sucessful :| Advice would be great :)

- Vicarious
Is out now!

I realise my guides have become outdated... Please don't remind me. I will work on them again once I have the time to do so, until then they can just be a reference to the champion and possible ways they could have been played. Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.
Vicarious Vision
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 7:18am | Report
Just realised that this is in the wrong section.. Sorry :S
Is out now!

I realise my guides have become outdated... Please don't remind me. I will work on them again once I have the time to do so, until then they can just be a reference to the champion and possible ways they could have been played. Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 8:34am | Report
Scaling mana regen glyphs? Do you mean Scaling cooldown reduction glyphs? Kat doesn't use mana so mana regen is kinda pointless on her.....
Runic
<Member>
Runic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 10:05am | Report
Visfarix wrote:

Scaling mana regen glyphs? Do you mean Scaling cooldown reduction glyphs? Kat doesn't use mana so mana regen is kinda pointless on her.....

I am also concerned about the scaling mana regen. Also, your beginning items are very common and found in many other Katarina builds. Can you explain to us the use of having the mix of AD/AP items at the end? As for as I know her ult scales with the larger amount of AD or AP.

Lady Lux Guide
(Focused on CDR for her 24 CD ult)
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 10:37am | Report
Runic wrote:

I am also concerned about the scaling mana regen. Also, your beginning items are very common and found in many other Katarina builds. Can you explain to us the use of having the mix of AD/AP items at the end? As for as I know her ult scales with the larger amount of AD or AP.

MP5 glyphs I agree with - don't use them.

As for AP/AD, both her Bouncing Blade and Death Lotus scales with BOTH now, meaning AP AND AD, making hybrids very viable.

As for Meijai's Soulstealer, I do not recommend it simply because it's a snowball item and therefore relies on noobstomping to actually do well with.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Vicarious Vision
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 4:11pm | Report
Sorry, I was thinking about my Miss Fortune guide when I wrote the runes... It's supposed to be glyphs - Scaling AP and Seals - Dodge Chance
Is out now!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide