Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

minions farm or champion farm

Creator: zikosmile January 22, 2017 11:20pm
zikosmile
<Member>
zikosmile's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2017 11:20pm | Report
Hello i most of matches i play i get bad farm but good score of kills last game i do 74 minions farm but score is 12 / 5 / 13 and other of my team have 260 minions farm with score 2 / 9 / 4 and rest like that and when match end they say you bad you have only 74 farm and they kick me from team i know farm is important but is it more important than kills? i mean is what is useful for me if have 500 farm and die 18 time and other have 50 farm and kill 18 times this is not make any sense
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 2:03am | Report
First let's assume that a minion averages 20 gold, and Cannon Minions are 50. This is just so that we can make the calculations easier and we don't have to math too hard. So every three waves is going to be worth about 400 gold with perfect CSing. Also note that continuously killing a player set's the gold value back a fair bit. Running the numbers tells me that a player dying three times in a row will lose about 20% of the value of the previous kill. SO for this arguement we will assume that the value will rest at around the "4 death streak" bounty of 176G and therefore it should average about 200G per kill, and 100G per assist. based on your numbers we can plug it all in now.

(12*200)+(13*100)+(74*20) comes out to around 5,280. So that's the benchmark. Although I am sure your actual gold was higher than this we are working with the assumptions I put out. now let's us the same numbers for your teammate: (2*200)+(4*100)+(260*20) sets' us at an even 6,000 Gold.

Again, these are low ball estimates but the general concept should be fairly sound. Kills aren't worth a whole lot monetarily when you realize what else there is of value in the game.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 2:06pm | Report
Kills are mostly valuable if you manage to get more CS/experience and deny CS/exp from the enemy you killed, not because of the gold they give. If you want to get gold you should focus in farming. Hence not farming means you're not as "fed" as your KDA makes you seem.

If you don't farm you might as well start playing with only one hand, since you're already handicapping yourself by not taking free money.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide