Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NEW TO MOBAFIRE!!!

Creator: Fizzle Fish October 22, 2013 4:16am
1 2 3
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 5:01am | Report
you just described low level ranked in a nutshell.
Sig by Emikadon
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 8:26am | Report
You guys are way overselling how bad bronze/silver is. Sure there are bad players, but it's much easier to learn specific champs and what they can do and what you shouldn't do in a bronze/silver game. I had about 200 to 300 games when I jumped into ranked - the bot games were tougher than the players I played. However I ended up being placed in silver 1 where I realized i needed to work harder on certain aspects of my gaming. I think 15 consecutive losses put me in silver 5 where I still reside in. A 5 game winning streak gets me out of silver 5.

If he is really strong at a specific role he will have no problem getting out of bronze and into silver or out of silver into gold. 200 games played is more than enough to start playing ranked. The amount of games played does not equal better play. I know a few players who have over 1k games played in just season 3 ranked and are still bronze. I also know players who started in bronze and in 50-60 games were in gold.

Placement is really a toss up, but what you do after that is all on you.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 8:33am | Report
Meh, bronze (especially low bronze) is quite horrible. It is just a ****fest of people who flame, rage(quit), and whatever. If you have a thick skin and don't get annoyed that easily, it isn't that bad, but if you jump into ranked without any level 30 experience, you're gonna go 0/10 in your placements (because the difference between level 29 and 30 is HUUUGE) and get placed in hell.
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 10:02am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Meh, bronze (especially low bronze) is quite horrible. It is just a ****fest of people who flame, rage(quit), and whatever. If you have a thick skin and don't get annoyed that easily, it isn't that bad, but if you jump into ranked without any level 30 experience, you're gonna go 0/10 in your placements (because the difference between level 29 and 30 is HUUUGE) and get placed in hell.

This is correct, but he is has close to 300 games played across two accounts. I think he will be fine. I would say 200 games at 30 with half of them in a specific role with only playing 2-3 champs will be fine.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 10:15am | Report
Personally I know I didnt become any good at this game until I had well over 500 wins, but it depends on the player and on how early someone starts looking up guides / watching streams to improve.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 10:53am | Report
Yeah even after 1400 Wins, I still considered myself as bad.
And the beginning of Season 2 showed this to me.
1200 Rating which is still Bronze (1250was Silver right? cant remember lol).
And finally I started to read guides and watch streams and had a new mindset of getting better. Which gave me a spike to almost Platinum in Season 2.

So the amount of Games and Wins do not matter as long as it was not playing with the intention of getting better and against actual good players.

Playing 1000 Games in fresh level 30 is something else than 500 games in high MMR level 30 matches
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide