Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Proposal: Create-A-Champion Project

Creator: Jebus McAzn March 6, 2011 2:25pm
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 7:32pm | Report
I still vote xat.com

Easy to setup, multiple chatrooms based off of 1 main room, avatar colors that say what you are (moderator, admin, member, visitor), and it's text chat based.

But if that's the choice, I'm not setting it up.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:42pm | Report
Or we could try it without any type of chat, since that still worked extremely well for Smogon and their hundreds of participants...
ShadowReign757
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:51pm | Report
Meh, communication would make it a lot easier though.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:55pm | Report
To do what?
ShadowReign757
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:56pm | Report
Communicate about our ideas, and synergize them so we don't have abilities that scale off of AD on an AP nuke and stuff like that.

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

ShadowReign757
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:57pm | Report
But I don't know anything about how they were doing it, so I guess I have no room to talk.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Shourai
<Member>
Shourai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:02am | Report
^ Edit is your friend. :)
And I don't think we exactly need 1 chat room for all people to be in, chances are having all of us together at the same time will rarely occur. In most cases it'll be trading ideas back and forth until the majority comes to a conclusion, although I'm just assuming.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 2:12am | Report
Yeah, but having a chat it's alot easier to discuss certain idea's you like/dislike should the person be on at the same time rather then doing that on the forums.
When not on at the same time yeah the forums would probably be the next choice.

Though the forums should really only contain suggestions or possible corrections, not endless chat on the subject as it will make you "1" lose track of the idea's and "2" get an very messy thread which does not advertise very well nor does it help in any way ;).

Hence the chatbox idea with a room for each section which allows a more thorough commentary and feedback aswell as coming to a conclusion quicker rather then doing that after 40 posts of (yes but this, no but that, yes but then you have this, yeah but then you get that) in the forums which is like i said, VERY messy and not really good advertisement.

A chatbox with a log which you can download is preffered to check posts of people who were on while you were not and prevent the overposting on the forums, this also lets you post your comments which they will see in turn when they are on and download that log.

In my honest opinion, the sub forum should only contain the idea's and what has been altered/added/removed for both showing the people that are interested what we are working on, what we plan to make and what we actually finished aswell as a basis to work on without having to scroll through 40 posts just to see an conclusion of an certain subject and then again 40 posts to see the conclusion of another subject and then AGAIN 40 posts for the final conclusion on the entire idea.
Briefcase Bunny
<Member>
Briefcase Bunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 5:53am | Report
So where are we going to do this because I've got a sick champion that I even drew art for. (I'm an amateur at backgrounds and stuff) I love the idea. I've been trying to get my champ to riot for a long time and if you guys like him, then it just might happen
Thank you to jhoijhoi for the amazing banner!
Check out my Guides!
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 6:00am | Report
In the OP it was said it will be when the forums get an update, it will probably be on an sub-forum.
However like i said, we really need something to avoid the situation that i stated in my previous post.
Also, i doubt entire champion idea's will be accepted by this project's members (it might be good but it will probably have to be built step by step).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide