Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riven is OP because.. ?

Creator: Blood26 June 8, 2012 9:05am
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 5:37pm | Report
She gets tankier when she gets more ad (her shield), is very mobile, can snowball really well and do tonnes of damage
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 11:40am | Report
Riven is not "OP" She is safe as a pick, has a strong late game , and no mana costs with decently low cooldowns. She is played a lot due to these factors plus the fact she's hella fun. She does take skill at learning but has a great payoff for doing so. She is most played due to these factors.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 11:44am | Report
She isnt, she has the potential to beat 95% of all viable top's, but that doesnt make her op oO
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 11:47am | Report
She has a strong early game, strong midgame AND strong lategame... call that what you want ;)
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 12:14pm | Report
she is good top but in no way op.
just get used to all that jumping around

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 12:35pm | Report
She's not OP, she's a pubstomper. You can deal with her pretty easy with counterpicking and ganks. Once she's behind, she has quite some problems coming back into the game(Even tho far from completely shutting her down, due to her ult that's harder to do than with other pubstompers).

I think the reason why Riven was so much played(I never really see her except for when I play her, but I only play ranked so that might be something different) was because she's super fun to play for most players. She has big damage, she's fast, she's fun, she's easy to learn and you can always find new ways to improve your Riven play, so hard to master.

At the moment Riven is pretty balanced because she falls off lategame, whereas in midgame you can go to town on everyone. She used to beat pretty much every lane in the game, but people got used to her and know how to counter her, so she's "only" got a strong lane now, no OP lane anymore. :P

Depending on how you play Riven, it might take some practice because she's quite the unique champ. I usually build her Boots-2Dorans-Brutalizer-Bloodthirster-GA-Depending on Situation, but there are a lot of people who prefer to go for an early Phage or other more tanky builds. The tanky builds are, obviously, easier to execute, but I feel like the dunkmaster Riven build is the best in most situations but takes a lot of practice.

As someone who has completely fallen for Riven, I can assure you that learning her is extremely rewarding. Just takes some time. :P

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 12:37pm | Report

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
Taco limeyjr
<Member>
Taco limeyjr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 12:59pm | Report
To me shes not that hard to play i prefer Fiora over riven but i love them both :P
Thanks Nameless for the awesome sig =D
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 1:00pm | Report

To me shes not that hard to play i prefer Fiora over riven but i love them both :P

I never saw a good Fiora even once and not a single good Fiora Guide =_ô
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 1:10pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, actually champs get 2 Doran's Blade + The Brutalizer.

And is that better than 2 d blades + wrig or hex or both?

Nope :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide