Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shaco spotlight.

Creator: PotatisFarfar November 8, 2011 1:32pm
52 posts - page 3 of 6
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:26pm | Report
He did a good job showing basics of shaco.

That doesn't mean we can't talk **** about him being a ****ty jungler ;).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Quoted:

Its phreaks job to show the basic champion mechanics, not basic jungle mechanics. He did show HIS BUILD, as well as the typical basic mechanics of Shaco. If you need to watch this to learn how to master a champion, you should probably start over from square one.

But anyone with a poor knowledge of the game/jungling watching this is now going to think 'HERP I NEED TO SMITE AND IGNITE THE GOLEM RIGHT AWAY DERP'.

And then they get all their buffs stolen and look like a noob.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:34pm | Report
Phreak is a massive and very dedicated troll. Dyrus is his favorite player.

If there's any question that Phreak knows his stuff, he did top the charts for a time in Season 1... I think he knows not to ignite and smite a full hp Golem.

Juuuust sprayin'.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:36pm | Report
I know he does, I'm just sayin' he probably shouldn't do it in a video designed to be educational for newer players. :P
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:42pm | Report
Quoted:

Its phreaks job to show the basic champion mechanics, not basic jungle mechanics. He did show HIS BUILD, as well as the typical basic mechanics of Shaco. If you need to watch this to learn how to master a champion, you should probably start over from square one.

Nevertheless, if there was an instructional video of how to play Garen which properly showed how to play him, but occasionally ran into the tower for no particular reason (without telling the viewer why), would it be any good?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Phreak is a massive and very dedicated troll. Dyrus is his favorite player.

If there's any question that Phreak knows his stuff, he did top the charts for a time in Season 1... I think he knows not to ignite and smite a full hp Golem.

Juuuust sprayin'.

This.

Also, when he was #1 for awhile, both Regi(Reginaid) and Dyrus(OnlyJax) both played actively, both of which were #1/2 for a long time.

He is very good at the game, is an amazing analyst of his own play, but is extremely rusty.

He is probably on the level of most of the pro players, he just can't practice, and has terrible flaws in some aspects of his gameplay in respect to metagame and he has a fairly minor case of ADD when he plays.

If he dumps ignite/flash on golem at 100% health it's because he isn't worried about it being stolen with smite.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:12pm | Report
I really don't see why in a serious game you would ever use ignite on the golem at all regardles of its' health.

And there was obviously a danger of it being stolen, because the opposing Shaco showed up right as he killed it. :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:12pm | Report
Or he thought it would be hilarious to do that in a spotlight. I dunno. I laughed :P
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

This.

Also, when he was #1 for awhile, both Regi(Reginaid) and Dyrus(OnlyJax) both played actively, both of which were #1/2 for a long time.

He is very good at the game, is an amazing analyst of his own play, but is extremely rusty.

He is probably on the level of most of the pro players, he just can't practice, and has terrible flaws in some aspects of his gameplay in respect to metagame and he has a fairly minor case of ADD when he plays.

If he dumps ignite/flash on golem at 100% health it's because he isn't worried about it being stolen with smite.

He gets lost watching other lanes while he plays. His fascination with other people CSing is borderline fetishism IMO.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:27pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Nevertheless, if there was an instructional video of how to play Garen which properly showed how to play him, but occasionally ran into the tower for no particular reason (without telling the viewer why), would it be any good?

Funny you would mention garen, as i have a Wheel of Fortune 2 advert which tells me that i can "Take a Spin! and Win!"

If the garen guide was a champion guide, and you went to your lane instead of team fighting, it would still be a good guide.

Your example is different than what phreak did.

Smiting/igniting at full health isn't a bad thing inherently, and doesn't affect how the champion is played overall.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide