Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

SIlver 1 LP

Creator: Thalia Kael July 2, 2013 7:52am
25 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 7:52am | Report
So I into silver 1, get 0 lp, and then win 9 in a row at MAX 6 lp per win, end up with 44 and now I lose 3 because of ******s and I lose 7 lp per game? I don't get the MMR system or whatever it is that makes me lose more than win and only win usually 3 or 4. I also get placed with silver 3s and 2s sometimes but when i am in silver 2 I get placed with silver 1s and gold 5s and silver 2s and all i've done is win in this division???
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 7:55am | Report
How much LP you got in silver 2 ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 8:29am | Report
The reason the LP gain is kinda strange in bronze 1/silver 1 etc is because they want to make sure that only people who really 'deserve' it (-> having sufficiently high MMR), basically making it harder for people who don't. This is because you can't drop a tier and to avoid people 'incidentally' getting up to higher tiers.

That would be my thoughts. Even though it is kinda weird that this already occurs at 0 lp (I only got it at 80+ lp at silver 1)
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 9:01am | Report
Essentially your ladder position far exceeds your current MMR, thus making it very hard to move up. Your MMR will need to be raised in order to gain a decent amount of LP per game.

Keep in mind the league interface is just cosmetic and the entire ladder system is still based off your MMR (aka Elo).
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 9:02am | Report
All depends on your actual MMR. As vynertje said, LP gains in bronze and silver I especially can be pretty low as you approach 100 LP, even if your MMR isn't too bad (my MMR, for example, has been pretty high throughout this season and I still got LP gains of 6, 3, 2, 1, 0 and 0 in a row as I approached 100).

If, as in your case, you start getting low LP gains before even getting close to that 100 LP mark, that would suggest your MMR is still a bit low even by silver I standards and you need to 'fix' that first before worrying about LP gains once you get closer to gold.

Also, keep in mind that LP gains are generally lower during winning streaks.

Unfortunately, there's not really a way of strictly knowing what your MMR is, though I do know this site, which tries to guess what your MMR is based on your match history.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 9:12am | Report
That site does not take premades into account right? Because it says that mine is 1550 which should match me with gold 5's when soloqueue - I get matched with gold 1's atm.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 9:17am | Report
^ It might not, maybe it is more accurate when you've only soloqueued. I have no idea how it works, tbh, just figured it was worth sharing :)

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 9:35am | Report
I think it compares the LP per win/loss to the other summoners and links that to your current division/tier/total lp
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 11:43am | Report
A friend of mine sometimes gets +30 in Silver I lol.

I guess it has to do something with the hidden Elo aka. MMR.
Depending on the MMR you get more or less in your league or division. At least thats what most ppl say.

Some other say that they want to make it hard (like some post up there).
But I guess those ppl just say it cause they cannot accept the other theory:
- If they get less LP than 10
-> They do not deserve to be there
-> They do not like this idea, so they take the other explaination.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 11:59am | Report
i got 25-30 in silver 2
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide