Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

SOPA - discuss

Creator: Mooninites January 11, 2012 11:32am
103 posts - page 8 of 11
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2012 7:54pm | Report
I'm not reading this thread.

But regardless of what Riot thinks about this, SOPA is just more legislature targeted to silence our freedom of speech. A lot is going on in America, worse bills than this. This year's National Defense Authorization Act included new legislature you guys might be interested to check out. Doesn't have anything to do with the internet but imo is quiet significantly more important than SOPA.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 10:39am | Report
Babit wrote:

inb4 American revolt. Straight up.

Americans are too fat and depressed to revolt.

Anandre wrote:

Ask anyone who knows something about SOPA, and 99% of the responses will be negative about it, the other 1% naturally belonging to the media, who's backing this like no tomorrow. SOPA is not good for the Internet's health.

Government wants to be in control, and it's not in control of the internet yet.

Logically they will try to change this.

Rozsud3k wrote:

Trundle: Support SOPA? Are you trolling?

lol'd
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 11:21am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
First things first, Wikipedia is not a credible source, it is extremely biased because one person writes article, even with revisions. The person could even be joe-schmo. I never said I supported the bill, but all these sheeple going around acting like it's the end of the world is nonsense

First thing's first.

SOPA IS THE END OF THE ****ING WORLD.
Tri lane for life.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 1:31pm | Report
Well you know what they say...

If it aint broke BREAK IT!

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:02pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Well you know what they say...

If it aint broke BREAK IT!

America's motto since the stone age.

Nighthawk wrote: I might not have the most posts but i'm pretty sure I have the most *****.
Searz wrote: ^ QFT
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:05pm | Report
Is it better to have had freedom and lost it or to never have had it at all?

These days, it's hard to tell which side of that question America stands. Either way sucks :/

I'm completely against SOPA and most issues concerning our citizen's privacy. I think it is not only a gross overuse of government power, but also infringes upon my rights within my own domocile - something that no matter where you live, should be a sacred right.

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:26pm | Report

Is it better to have had freedom and lost it or to never have had it at all?

These days, it's hard to tell which side of that question America stands. Either way sucks :/

I'm completely against SOPA and most issues concerning our citizen's privacy. I think it is not only a gross overuse of government power, but also infringes upon my rights within my own domocile - something that no matter where you live, should be a sacred right.

thank you for your input, this is exactly the type of discussion I was looking for. I agree, I hate government legislature, and this only further impedes the common man's life, however, I can't say I'm completely against SOPA, I'm just not in support of it
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Anandre wrote:

Tip: saying "sheeple" doesn't make you cool and your argument correct. Ask anyone who knows something about SOPA, and 99% of the responses will be negative about it, the other 1% naturally belonging to the media, who's backing this like no tomorrow. SOPA is not good for the Internet's health.

Besides, you just cherry-picked the fact that I used Wikipedia and completely ignored the rest of my argument. What I said still stands, and even if you don't want to paraphrase it from Wikipedia, go look at the full text of the bill and see what it says. Here's a link to the text of the bill for your perusal.

Edit: also, Wikipedia itself is not in favor of SOPA. It either moved from GoDaddy because of GD's support of SOPA or threatened to, I can't remember which. While it hasn't explicitly stated how it feels on SOPA, that action or intent clearly shows where Wikipedia stands on the matter. Despite that, articles on the website itself can still be remarkably unbiased and have useful information. Bashing on Wikipedia might be the cool thing to do, but it still has its uses.

I try really hard to look cool on the internet. Nice statistic by the way, you see when I throw around statistics albeit they are true or just for examples people jump all over me, so I'll do the same for you. Your statistic is so misleading and inaccurate, the fact is a majority of major corporations are against the bill, this also includes congressmen, common people, music industry moguls, you name it. They represent more than 1% of the people actively involved in the SOPA debate. I can almost guarantee you that at least 40% of the people on the riot/LoL forums never even heard of SOPA until riot posted something about it AND they didn't even bother to do any further research.

Anyway, I wasn't cherry picking the fact that you used Wikipedia as a source (not as if it's a good one anyway) as I was picking at the fact that you said it was an "unbiased source". That contradicts the very nature of wikipedia. Wikipedia articles are written by 1 person, there can't be anything more biased about that. Furthermore, the people who post on wikipedia aren't even experts on the matter. You may as well go read a blog co-written by two different people and you'd find a less biased view on the matter.

Finally, I realize wikipedia is not in favor of SOPA, thank you for strengthening my argument that Wikipedia is a biased source. Good day sir.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:44pm | Report
The maya have been seen in the future. The law will be accepted 21th of December 2012.

This is truly, the end of the world... of warcraft... and internet. :D

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 2:48pm | Report
I LOVE forum discussions.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide