Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The topic of Blue essence: should we be able to...

Creator: Wallylee January 3, 2018 10:08am
Wallylee
<Member>
Wallylee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2018 10:08am | Report
As a long term player with every champion they could ask for, blue essence doesn't do much for me anymore. I'm more concerned with new players.

It would seem that the previous system allowed for a more consistent earning of IP that made players feel like they were actually earning something for playing every single match. The new system simply doesn't provide that same satisfaction.

Instead, it seems to take ages to hit the "milestone" levels to get decent jumps in Blue essence. I'm a long term player, and have been playing since 2012, this new system seems like a cash grab; an attempt at making progression harder for the sole purpose of making Riot more money.

I think most people would agree with me that it's very satisfying to receive fun systems like the new loot systems that have been introduced in recent years, but to be robbed of the old consistent champion earning system from before just seems greedy.

I've never made a post complaining to the devs about anything before, and I'm unsure if I've ever even posted on any forum about this game, but this seems like it needs to be brought up. Even if it's a trifling amount of blue essence, earning exp that leads to a single champion capsule sometimes only containing 90 blue essence, makes progress seem nonexistent. At least with the old system, you got that much and then some for just the first win of the day...

I've created a strawpoll to collect players opinions with the question being "Should League allow you to earn blue essence for completing a match", which would basically be the same thing as earning IP from the good old days. even if you are a lurker and don't intend to comment or do anything else about this issue, AT LEAST CLICK THE LINK ABOVE so your voice is heard.

Just for clarification: What I mean by fair in the strawpoll, is whether or not you think the devs are justified in making the system slower.

GOOD LUCK ON THE RIFT

https://strawpoll.com/6r6xdb4b

-A Dirty Sion Main
Wallylee
<Member>
Wallylee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2018 10:08am | Report
and by CLICK THE LINK ABOVE, I meant CLICK THE LINK BELOW. Whoops
DarkCrusnik
<Member>
DarkCrusnik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2018 4:27am | Report
yeah, i agree with you, right now, i have no reason to play unless i have a quest or a mission, they didnt even boost XP given, i mean, they could keep the system like it is, but give us 3X XP
or with every match you play your XP doubles, although , i can totally see this being abused
LolAccountStore
<Member>
LolAccountStore's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2018 3:08pm | Report
If you would level your account to level 30 on the old non BE systems you would have around 16-17k IP.
With the new capsule system you have 3 free champs ( Garen, Brand, Ashe ) and 26 Capsules at level 30 which are around 20k BE if disenchantet. However if you don't disenchant all the shards and upgrade all 450 BE champs which you will need anyway to play ranked and upgrade the champs you want other than those cheap ones you have big BE savings. So overall for new players the new system is far more rewarding however I haven't really taken a look at higher lever players.
ColossalDonut5
<Member>
ColossalDonut5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2018 3:18am | Report
Although it feels more slow and boring you do get more out of it in the long run, so it did increase that, though I do agree that I wish we could re-roll champions again into permanents (which IMO made getting a new champion much more of a unique experience since it was completely random and not just some ****py 450 champion you've probably played before and still get nothing out of it). I do think the current system is just though (since that's the main topic of the post).
Noob Zilean, Rammus and Kled trio main that loves to cause mischeif, mostly plays mid, top or support (practising Jungle). Also play Veigar, Vel'Koz, Thresh, Amumu, Fizz and Tahm Kench. I also dabble in random heroes that hit the free rotation that pique my interest.

Going mid as a support with ignite is more fun and effective than I ever imagined!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide