Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What's your favorite rune tree?

Creator: Tauricus2017 January 20, 2023 11:48am
My favorite rune tree is...!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2023 11:48am | Report
Just curious about which of the 5 rune trees do you like the most. The way you'll conclude your answer is entirely up to you. For example, you can select Inspiration purely because of the vibes, you can pick Sorcery because Arcane Comet is your most played keystone rune, or you can pick Resolve because you enjoy its minor runes. This question isn't specifically related to any aspect of League. Whether you will decide by gameplay, viability, OP-ness, personal liking or aesthetics is absolutely up to you :D
Dustyacer
<Member>
Dustyacer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2023 9:09pm | Report
So i picked sorcery. Ill tell you why.

IT has great minor runes, u can go 3 speed runes, mages can get manaflow/trans + any for third row depending on lane/scaling/oraming. First row u can get defensive, spd or mana sustain. Also as a mid player I very often end up taking sorcery either in primary or secondary due to how useful the runes are. Lane bullies get up taking scorch/manaflow, scaling champs can take abs focus/gathering, spd champs can take nimbus/celerity/waterwalking. The only rune that is kinda weird is whatever that defensive rune on the first row is called.

The major runes are fine too, comet is all-around good, aery for enchanters/lane-bully, phase rush is a great offensive/defensive rune.

I was also considering domination, but u end up usually taking the same minor runes on majority of champs/depending on role. It also doesn't have the variety that sorcery has; no other rune page really does.
Off-Meta Mid lane enjoyer
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2023 2:58am | Report
Dustyacer wrote:
So i picked sorcery. Ill tell you why.
IT has great minor runes, u can go 3 speed runes, mages can get manaflow/trans + any for third row depending on lane/scaling/oraming. First row u can get defensive, spd or mana sustain. Also as a mid player I very often end up taking sorcery either in primary or secondary due to how useful the runes are. Lane bullies get up taking scorch/manaflow, scaling champs can take abs focus/gathering, spd champs can take nimbus/celerity/waterwalking. The only rune that is kinda weird is whatever that defensive rune on the first row is called.
The major runes are fine too, comet is all-around good, aery for enchanters/lane-bully, phase rush is a great offensive/defensive rune.
I was also considering domination, but u end up usually taking the same minor runes on majority of champs/depending on role. It also doesn't have the variety that sorcery has; no other rune page really does.

Couldn't have said it better myself :D
Sorcery is just the best. I was also considering Domination (mainly because I love Ghost Poro) but overall Sorcery feels richer in terms of options. Domination forces you to take 2 late-game runes (if it's your primary tree), while Sorcery allows you to choose whether you want more late-game or early-game.

However, when it comes to Nullifying Orb I would like to see a full-on rework at this point. Unless you are a mid-lane mage playing against LeBlanc or Fizz - chances are you will quite possibly never pick this rune ever. I am all for a bit more situational runes but this is just WAY too situational :/

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide