Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why am I so bad?

Creator: Luther3000 October 19, 2011 4:00pm
1 2 3 4 5
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:00pm | Report
-basically a whine post-

So for the last several months I've started to completely suck at LoL and I have no idea why.

I'm too scared to play solo queue because it's full of flamers and trolls, and when I queue with other people I almost always get enemies who beat the living **** out of me. On the rare chance that they aren't way better than me, usually because I duo'd with someone with low wins/levels, they completely suck.

Generally I kind of end up having to play support when I queue with the good players on EuW and tbh I feel like playing any other role is too much of a risk in case I **** up and get shouted at.

It's starting to feel like the only way I have of winning or carrying a game is to duo queue with a smurf, and even then, I just had a game where I tried jungle Amumu with my friend's level 7 smurf only to have a jungle eve and a clairvoyance Xerath chasing me around the jungle all ****ing game getting tons of kills while my allies did nothing and they were level 20 or something after the game and jesus****christihatethisgame.

I was thinking of starting to play ranked games, but now I don't think I'll ever be ready to and tbh I don't even enjoy playing normal games anymore.

Wat do I do?

PS. Winter and Xenasis and Potatis won't play with me anymore. Bastards. :c

TL;DR: I suck at gaem plz halp

EDIT: I think I probably overreacted a little when I made this because I was feeling fairly miserable and angry at the time. Feel free to ignore it. :P

It's okay guys, I went 9/0/7 on Annie, 2/3/5 on Alistar and 9/0/13 and 4/1/6 on Caitlyn and I'm now back to +33 wins.

I feel much better now. =)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Poor Luther :<

Btw winter is solo qeue whoring. And me, xena, yuki and maodi don't mind playing with you <3... Dunno about searz ;)...

And ignore the ragers. Bassicly each game i play in solo qeue normal i troll now. So much to see those 12 year olds rage at me going ap malphite mid ;)...
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:10pm | Report
I feel like I used to be a lot better than this, though.

I recall at one time I could play with Winter without having to play support or look like a complete noob. In fact I remember I used to carry games with Caitlyn with stuff like 10/0/10 or 5/0/15 etc; my last two games with Caitlyn I went something like 1/6/1.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:12pm | Report
You're probably q'ing with people out of your "Elo" range, and thusly are being matched against players above your supposed skill level.

I bet if you go back into 100% solo Q games and deal with the stupid trolls, you will find that you are one of the better players on your team.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:14pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

You're probably q'ing with people out of your "Elo" range, and thusly are being matched against players above your supposed skill level.

I bet if you go back into 100% solo Q games and deal with the stupid trolls, you will find that you are one of the better players on your team.

The thing is, I was never as good as Winter and others before hand, but I could at least play with them and keep up without making myself look like a tit. Sometimes I even ended up carrying, I remember I almost got a penta once on Warwick. Now I pretty much have to play support, and even then things often go bad.

Tbh, I really never played solo queue at all. After I hit 20 wins I made a friend and from then on I've only ever played two games in solo queue (both as Ashe).

Looking back at my replays I can't believe I played some of those games against people at/above my skill.

Maybe it's just because I lost six games in a row today, but LoL is just boring and depressing lately. It's not that I mind losing, but I really hate games where I get absolutely roflstomped with no idea what I'm doing wrong.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Could be that Winter's elo has probably gone up too you know. They're probly not the same level opponent you were matched with previously.

I find people generally don't get way worse, they usually either get better or stay the same.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:25pm | Report
You need to burst out of your glass cieling by the sounds of it, bite the bullet and play hard.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:25pm | Report
Well I've always considered myself to be really good at playing games, in fact it's basically my only talent, which is why it pisses me off when I get completely crushed in a game.

I watch tournaments and high elo streams and I feel my knowledge of the game is very good, so by all rights I ought to be decent, no? :c

I'm writing this stuff after six defeats and general suckage for the last two months and my real life is pretty ****, so if I sound somewhat depressed and angry, it's because I am.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:32pm | Report
I guess what you can do is get LoLreplay if you don't already have it, watch the games where you feel you didn't play well and try and analize what went wrong.
Ignoring people who trash talk also works wonders, if you let them get to you it can really affect your play in a bad way, even if you don't react to it.

Oh and if you want someone to duo with for luls or even ranked, you can always add me :>
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 4:35pm | Report
I have it, but I always forget to turn the damn thing on. Even when I remembered, I tended to be feeling fairly annoyed and miserable after a bad game and usually deleted the replay immediately.

Most of the replays are from my noob level 1-30 days. Even the recent ones are 2 months old and are mostly good jungle/support games.

I guess this all started with that ****ing Nocturne. Before that I was pretty confident and thought I was finally getting to be pro. :P
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide