Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why am I so bad?

Creator: Luther3000 October 19, 2011 4:00pm
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 11:08am | Report
Don't qq, improve. :P

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Virtus
<Member>
Virtus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 11:28am | Report
Well, I remember from my lower level days that I had a streaks of losses which I only broke when I learned to play Anivia, then had a gigantic streak of wins when I mastered her. Point is, you need to know at least one champion from each category of the current meta (top bruisers, mid AP carries, jungler, AD carry, or support) and master it. Pick someone, stick to them and refuse to play any other role for a while, and you WILL be accustomed to and even master that champion. Do that for the rest of the roles, and hopefully some wins from your increased mechanical skills and decision making skills will give you momentum to carry on further and become a pro (higher elo).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 12:34pm | Report
I feel better now. =)

Yes, Winter is indeed playing Jungle Veigar. Expect a high elo proskillz guide soon.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 12:38pm | Report
Just play Singed and lulz your opponents^^.

If you know how to play Singed, you can use his Insanity Potion in combination with Fling as zoning and harass tool, which makes you godlike in lane. Remember, your combo with Poison Trail, deals more damage than 3-4 tower hits if Insanity Potion is active. Insanity Potion gives you HPregen, too.

And if you farmed well you already have catalyst the protector at that time. More regen.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 1:38pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Just play Singed and lulz your opponents^^.

If you know how to play Singed, you can use his Insanity Potion in combination with Fling as zoning and harass tool, which makes you godlike in lane. Remember, your combo with Poison Trail, deals more damage than 3-4 tower hits if Insanity Potion is active. Insanity Potion gives you HPregen, too.

And if you farmed well you already have catalyst the protector at that time. More regen.

While Singed is a laugh and can be good for self confidence, I don't find that he teaches you how to play the roles that Luther is qq:ing about not being able to play :P You don't get much lasthit-skills with poison trail :P
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
biggyph00l
<Member>
biggyph00l's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:15pm | Report
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry if this has been said but honestly, you probably weren't as good as you think you are.

And that's not a bad thing!

Let me break this down for you. Our brain is hardwired to look for patterns. It's how we recognize faces, invest money, purchase food that you suppose you'll like simply based on what you know you already like. Pretty much every decision we actively make is based on a pattern we've picked up on. So, you may be asking 'But biggy, what do patterns have to do with my getting worse at League of Legends?' Well, sir, everything.

Look at gamblers? Have you ever wondered why they throw their lives down the drain trying to win money? To those on the outside, it's clear they aren't going to win. But to them, they must legitimately believe they're going to win. And the reason why is because they have won before. And when they won, their brain went into overdrive mode. It's sole goal is to find a pattern, to discern why it is the pot was won this time and not last time. So, the brain attempts to find the patter to what is, in truth, a completely random game of chance. And not only that, because it's programmed to recognize likeable patters (such as winning), it often times disregards unlikable patters (such as losing, as there is no reward, there is no incentive for the brain to particularly recall that event).

So, it ultimately boils down to the idea of pattern recognition. Your brain remembers, and wants to duplicate the positive results of you winning. You've developed a catalog of these positive patterns to what is honestly nearly just as much a game of chance as blackjack, and you want to replicate them. And as the memories of winning grow larger, so too will the seemingly insurmountable pile of defeats that 'surprise' you each time.

Hope this makes sense. If you have any questions, let me know.

biggy
Dude who studied stuff like this for four years.
kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

-basically a whine post-

So for the last several months I've started to completely suck at LoL and I have no idea why.

I'm too scared to play solo queue because it's full of flamers and trolls, and when I queue with other people I almost always get enemies who beat the living **** out of me. On the rare chance that they aren't way better than me, usually because I duo'd with someone with low wins/levels, they completely suck.

Generally I kind of end up having to play support when I queue with the good players on EuW and tbh I feel like playing any other role is too much of a risk in case I **** up and get shouted at.

It's starting to feel like the only way I have of winning or carrying a game is to duo queue with a smurf, and even then, I just had a game where I tried jungle Amumu with my friend's level 7 smurf only to have a jungle eve and a clairvoyance Xerath chasing me around the jungle all ****ing game getting tons of kills while my allies did nothing and they were level 20 or something after the game and jesus****christihatethisgame.

I was thinking of starting to play ranked games, but now I don't think I'll ever be ready to and tbh I don't even enjoy playing normal games anymore.

Wat do I do?

PS. Winter and Xenasis and Potatis won't play with me anymore. Bastards. :c

TL;DR: I suck at gaem plz halp

I know your pain. A couple months ago, I tried to take up the game again after several months of not playing. I was terrible. And I couldn't understand it, I used to go godlike just about every game. What I did was take a break. I put the game down again, and absorbed tips and listened to my friends talk about it. I tried to relearn the game's strategy without playing. Eventually, I got back on and played tanks with fairly good effectiveness.

If you ever need a buddy when you're playing and you don't want to get flamed, contact me. My IGN is kmododragonNM.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:39pm | Report
^ Thanks, but I'm afraid I play on EuW. :P

I think I probably overreacted a little when I made this because I was feeling fairly miserable and angry at the time.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:49pm | Report
use morgana, win games.
No I mean it.
I was lvling my EUW account tday and it's lvl 12 atm, I'm witha friend who's doing the same.
So we're lvl 10 and 12, and we get queued aganst this guy wh is lvl 30.
Both me and my friend are always around 1400 ELO in US ranks, I only boughtmorgana on EU so far cuz I want to win and get lvl 30 fast.
Well we depleted the lvl 30 guy, and what do we find out after game, dude has 1609 ELO and basically he got simply outclassed by a no rune low lvl summoner just out of the sheer power of morgana.

TL;DR
PLAY
MORGANA

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Me and Luth just went a normal 5v5 SR. I sona and he went cait. We won of course, pwn:ed our lane and he ended up 9/0/13 and hardcarried the game. I got a modest 0/2/19 and regret not getting mejais early xD
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide