Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is varus under used?

Creator: cooper56 July 21, 2012 5:57pm
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 12:24pm | Report
I don't know what you guys are smoking but Varus is strong as hell

His escape is an AoE slow... that doesnt leave the ground for like 5 seconds.
He has high burst and sustained dmg since he can chain his abilities
His poke is good, his laning phase is strong and he has a teamfight orientated ultimate.
Sure he has a meh steriod on his passive but he just needs to kill someone to activate it, in a teamfight thats what he should be doing
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
XLR8 I vanilla
<Member>
XLR8 I vanilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 5:56am | Report
Okay now to be honest i only read 1 page of this post so i dont know if this has been said or not. I have Varus and i've tried playing him, but really the only thing he seems to be good at is poke. If you try going full AD/AS you will get killed in less than a second. Not haveing an escape mechanisim is one thing but he also seems squishier than other AD carries, and you relly cant do much about that. You cant get health or MR/Armor items much because you wont have enough DMG so you'll be useless. And even if you do get those most people know how to focus a carry.

Basically what im saying is that to me he seems weaker than other carries, that why I dont play him. I mean sure you can get a lot of damage built up on him but chances are you wont be able to DO much damage because you will simply get shut down first. Well thats my opinion on this.
+Rep if I was of any assistance or just for hugs :3 <3
Thank you LaCorpse for the beautiful sig!
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 6:20am | Report
Give hes Q and E a AP scaling, and he is defiantly a beast in mid lane. Haha, I can only imagine
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 7:18am | Report
Dypheus wrote:

Give hes Q and E a AP scaling, and he is defiantly a beast in mid lane. Haha, I can only imagine

Not sure if serious.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 7:25am | Report
I don't understand why Varus is so underloved as well. It's probably because Q falls off hard late game. And he's slooow and has no escape move without blowing his ultimate.

His cooldowns are rather long as well.

Despite these shortcomings, he farms extremely well for a carry, does amazing damage and has very good CC, second only to Ashe in that department as a carry.

When i played ranked, people were like "y u pick worst carry?", my only answer is "He's my best carry" and proving it by going 4/0/8 with over 250 CS. XD
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 8:04am | Report
I feel I don't like his skillset and I don't like his looks. Enough for me :P
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 8:20am | Report
People seem to miss the point. They just dont understand that while he can bestrong in the lane, he isnt a reliable option...any number of supports shut him down, alistar, leona, blitzcrank etc. Unlike ezreal, graves, and tristana; if an alistar or leona jump on you, you cant get away..you will be head butt pulved or zenith stunned.....it doesnt matter how strong your poke can be if you cant actually use it without getting ccd to death or easily focused in fights. He is a strong champ in terms of his damage potential, but unlike ashe who can perma kite, varus is easily caught and killed. There are safer champions to play who arent easily shut down in lane by their opponents support choice. Ive said this enough, people will ignore it or simply say im "hating on varus because i dont like him"...but i do like him, i just know his current kit is niche, and even then tristana can do it better.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 8:23am | Report
Maybe I just play extremely safely, or always make sure I have the leona and blitzcrank and alistar are banned when I play Varus. XD
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 10:21am | Report
superb cooldowns. weak in teamfights.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 10:28am | Report

superb cooldowns. weak in teamfights.

You obviously don't play Varus. He's probably one of the stronger team fight carries.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide