Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Worthless Votes

Creator: MrCuddowls August 23, 2012 11:01am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

12 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:01am | Report
OK so i recently finished my Teemo guide which you can find Below
and ive had a mix of down and up votes but here is what really got on my nerves

Totalimus Said:
Quoted:
Lots of mistakes. Hastily made guild. :/

Now i want to give you a little background on our friend Totalimus

This is his first post on MobaFire PLUS he signed up what yesterday
The one other thing i want to show you about this guy is HIS supposed lengthy and elaborate guide on Teemo

Press This for the guys Guide please

OK now after seeing this guide, I knew this guy was a troll immediately

So my question is, Why isnt their some kind of restriction on who can vote on a guide

I got troll voted a bunch of times for this guide for useless reasons written by annoying trolls

HERE is my guide Click this

So what i was thinking is that their be a Restriction on who can vote
Someone's account has to be at least 1 week old to be allowed to vote
PLUS the Person Must have made a guide them selves and the guide must have been Approved by 2 Other People
I know this is a large request but im really tired of all these troll votes
When i saw this guys guide i wanted to cry ;(

DISCLAMER: ID LIKE TO STRESS THAT IM IN NO WAY RAGING/QQING OR THAT IM REPORTING THIS GUY
ALL I MADE THIS TO SUGGEST A SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO VOTE
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:05am | Report
It doesn't matter, it still represents his opinion. Doesn't look much of a troll to me. Many people join just to vote on a guide they found particularly helpful, so lots of feedback will be lost if you add a restriction like that.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:10am | Report
Anastasios wrote:

It doesn't matter, it still represents his opinion. Doesn't look much of a troll to me. Many people join just to vote on a guide they found particularly helpful, so lots of feedback will be lost if you add a restriction like that.

His opinion isnt worth listening to
Did you look at his guide

Tell me please
someone Joins Moba makes a worthless addition to the Teemo guides on this site, doesn't post any information about them selves then goes and down votes your guide
This is a troll in every aspect

This guy knows that i will go look at his account
He know that i will rage on seeing his guidea
How this doesn't look like a troll to you is totally beyond me
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:14am | Report
In reply to "lots of feedback will be lost"
TBH most people who down voting my guide are new
like brand new they made their account the day i uploaded my guide
I just don't get how all these down votes by people that JUST signed up can be considered helpfull
I will say that their was 1 person who actually wrote something worthwhile but thats it
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:29am | Report
It's HIS opinion it can't be right or wrong.
If he means it like it, it's like this sounds stupid but well it's like this and I think the vet/mods/admins have had tons of threads like this and are thinking/thought about a way to change it but right now it seems like the best way.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:30am | Report
Everyone faces these problems so ye :/
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:38am | Report
Mr.Cuddowls some people make accounts to literally just upvote you(happen to me) and some people make accounts literally to just down vote you(also happened to me). The reason you can vote right away is because if someone likes a guide or dislikes it they shouldn't need to join the forums ect just to leave a quick 2 second I LIKED YOUR GUIDE or Your guide was terrible. Troll votes and stuff happen unfourchanetly. Also just because they are new doesn't mean they can't have a negative opinion of your guide -___- anyone here could of done the same the only difference being people who talk more are more likly to actually say what they don't like. Hope you get what im saying cuddowls btw I still got to destroy you...PREPARE YOUR SELF!

Edit: yeah obviously he wanted his guide to rise so he tried to down vote everyone elses.
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:53am | Report
the Mobafire community can be as toxic as the LoL community...you just have to deal with turds. Take comfort knowing you are probably a much better teemo player than him/her.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 12:14pm | Report

the Mobafire community can be as toxic as the LoL community...you just have to deal with turds. Take comfort knowing you are probably a much better teemo player than him/her.

MobaFire community is a subset of the LoL community; hence it is only logical that you will find the same **** here. Learn to deal with it; it is what I do every day. *cough* vlad guide *cough*
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 12:19pm | Report
Trolls will be every where :( but I do like the fact that anyone can vote because there are a lot people who don't make guides that vote.
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide