Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Yorick: The infinite sustain douchebag, and how...

Creator: Acid Reigns March 31, 2012 5:33am
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 5:33am | Report
Ok, so until very recently, every single time, without fail that I seen this guy in champ select, I was very, very unhappy. He was for a long time my least favorite champ in LoL, as I'm a player who mains solo top, and was bewildere by his sustain/harass, I was always at a loss of what to do. I think we all know how annoying he can be. His sustain is absolutely ridiculous, his harass is nearly unrivaled, and he has pretty good dueling capabilityies as well. However, shortly, I will tell you how to not only destroy this pesky gravedigger, but to actually ABUSE the fact that you're laning against him, and pretty much insta win your team the game because of it.

I will explain in a minute why, but for now, all you need to know, is that in my honest opinion, AD Sion against Yorick, has to be one of the single hardest counters in all of League of Legends.

Why you ask? Well, it's because of something that I discovered very recently, that I find quite unfair, and probably a bit broken, but then again, Yorick himself is also unfair and broken in my personal opinion.

Anyway, the reason this works so well, is for two reasons. The first, is that whether or not anyone realises it, Sion's best item as well as his optimal boots both give MR! 'But AD Sion's best item is PD' you say, that is entirely false, in fact, after maining Sion for a while, I can say there's only been a handful of games that I even bothered to build it at all. No, Sions best item, without a doubt, is Spirit Visage. No one else seems to have caught on about this, which is why I will be shortly creating a guide on sion, and how to properly build him, instead pf derp building 5 phantoms and an IE. Anyway, the fact that we build spirit visage, along with mercs treads early both gives us enough MR to withstand yoricks constant onslaught, but the CDR, combined with the extra healing means that not only will our ult be up more often, but it will heal us faster as well. Combined with the defence from the MR, and the healing from our ult on such a low CD, means that we can stay in lane against the gravediggers harass for a very, very long time.

Now, the fact that the items we like to build give us help against someone is something that is good for us, but it isn't enough to warrant that a counter to a champ, let alone 'one of the hardest counters in all of LoL' the reason I said this, is for one simple reason. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you last hit one of his minions, yes that counts towards your E, and gives you health. They also provide additional targets to lifesteal off of, with your ult.

This may not seem that significant, but anyone who seriously plays Sion knows how bad it can get for people when your farm starts getting high, and trust me, if you play right against him, your farm, is going to get very, VERY scary.

The other day when I discovered this, was the first time I had laned against a Yorick with Sion since I started rushing spirit visage, and can you guess how much farm I had?

Exactly 394 farm in a 34 minute long game. That translates into a free 1100+ health, which is absolutely obscene!

Honestly, the only reason I'm trying to tell everyone this, is because up until I discovered this, I HATED Yorick, and I want Yorick players to lose, because they're annoying, simple as that.

He may have other counters, but I'm confident no one will crush him as hard as sion does. However, it is very important, you play right against him. You can still lose if you don't know what you're doing.

What you should be doing once you get your MR, and you're absolutely comfterable with it, you should be LETTING him harass you. Don't attempt to fight back at all, just farm creeps, and get the last hits on his minis every time you can. Of course normal minis are more important, as you get gold, however, if you can kill a ghost without missing the last hit of any minions, then that becomes #1 priority, the minis will still be there when you're done killing the ghost.

In any case, like I said there is absolutely no point in engaging him, he's just gonna heal it back, bait you into a turret, bait you into a fight you can't win, or bait you into a gank. Instead, you should simply let him feed you via minis, and watch him rage as he does nothing to you. When he finally gets you low, simply ult and continue farming. Don't waste your mana on stuns, and shields etc to try and fight him, we're trying to get as long of a sustain as we can, which means we cannot afford to run out of mana, and be unable to ult. If you keep this up, you should be able to stay in lane pretty much forever, as your ult should finish cooling down by the time you start to get low every time.

Anyways, this is getting obscenely long, so I'll wrap it up. Like I said, A true Sion guide is coming soon, in which I'll detail more, for now, just instalock sion every time you see a yorick, and rush MR boots, and SV, and then freefarm, and carry.

GLHF to all
-Acid
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 5:34am | Report
BTW, walls of text are OP, nerf evelynn ;D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide