Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Browsing Mobafire guides on iPhone/Safari is...

Creator: shalevy March 3, 2014 3:10am
shalevy
<Member>
shalevy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2014 3:10am | Report
This thread is with the hope that the site developer will read and try to fix.

First, I would like to say that this site is just incredible for League Of Legends players, with very good guides and rating system. Welldone!

Now for what isn't working good:
When browsing Mobafire on iPhone with Safari I'm getting the following bad behaviors:
1. The ads would jump, cover the whole screen and I can't find the close bottom. Can't zoom in/out and usually the close button is out of the screen.
2. If I was lucky and the ad isn't filling the whole screen, it would occasional jump to the top of the page without me doing anything, for example when changing orientation.
3. The page flickers a lot, with missing content at the bottom of the page

I would strongly suggest to the site developers to try out the site on the iPhone and try to improve the experience of the users.

Many thanks!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2014 7:05pm | Report
We don't have a dedicated app / ios developer, but we will see what we can do. Sorry for the pain.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2014 8:03pm | Report
Download the Google Chrome app. Mobafire works fine on it.
shalevy
<Member>
shalevy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2014 2:28am | Report
Mowen - thanks for the reply, hope with small modifications to the site it can be pleasant in iOS as well. Many thanks for trying.
I will also give the google chrome app a try.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 3:52pm | Report
If this happens again, can you take a screenshot of the ads? Unfortunately we can't reproduce the issue, so it must be only certain regional ads. If you can send us a screenshot, we can identify the source of the offending ads and request their removal.

You probably already know but, to take a screenshot in iOS I believe you press the lock and home buttons at the same time.

Also if you don't mind us knowing, it would help to know what country you are in.
Ireliavent
<Member>
Ireliavent's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 3:12pm | Report
I have a somewhat close issue... Whenever browsing guides, main site, forums (everything basically) I'm getting popups from items and champions. If I'm browsing a Cho'Gath guide, I will regularly get a popup about the champion when clicking any spoiler or just scrolling down. This leads into me being unable to access things due to the information popup blocking it. Also, I've noticed the site flickers a lot.

Screenshot: here
Another one: here

EDIT: Not to mention you can't answer PMs...
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the signatures! Please check out his workshop!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide