Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Deleting a Blog Post

Creator: Pluckin Penguin December 28, 2013 7:23am
18 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Pluckin Penguin
<Stalker>
Pluckin Penguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 7:23am | Report
The requirements for publishing a blog post apply to deleting a blog post as well. If I were to try to delete a blank in all aspect blog post, then the following errors would occur: this is an invalid title, try putting in some alphanumeric characters; article title is required; category is required; article text cannot be empty.

I apologize for the really small bug report.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 1:56pm | Report
I'm not sure what exactly the issue you're reporting is? Could you explain a little more and link to a page you're talking about?
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 1:58pm | Report
I guess that he is trying to delete unposted blog but it gives the same errors as a finished post would give if it doesn't have title for example.
Pluckin Penguin
<Stalker>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 3:33pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

I guess that he is trying to delete unposted blog but it gives the same errors as a finished post would give if it doesn't have title for example.

Yeah, the problem is that you are not allowed to delete a blog post without meeting the requirements for publishing a blog post. Currently, if you were to type up a blog post and decide to delete it, then the blog post would not be deleted until you add a proper title, assign a category, and add some text. Its hard to explain, but just try deleting a blank blog post for yourself.

EDIT1: Here is a picture of what happens if I attempt to delete a blank blog post:
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 3:23pm | Report
So if you were to add all the requirements, and then try to delete it, it would work? It just doesn't work if you have a blank blog post / missing sections?
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Pluckin Penguin
<Stalker>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 4:20pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

So if you were to add all the requirements, and then try to delete it, it would work? It just doesn't work if you have a blank blog post / missing sections?

Exactly.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 7:22pm | Report
Alright, I will report the bug. Thank you.
FourCourtJester
<Developer>
FourCourtJester's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 7:42pm | Report
Hi guys,

This should be fixed on our next push. I changed the way the buttons behave slightly.

- For new articles, 'Save' & 'Publish' will be your first options. Saving won't publish, but Publish will save and publish.
- 'View Article' and 'Delete' will appear next to articles that you've saved or published.
- 'Publish' is removed from articles that are already published.

If you fill out a blog post but decide not to keep it, simply close the browser or navigate away to another site. It will not automatically post unless you hit 'Save' or 'Publish'.

This should help clear up which buttons to press when using the blog functions.

- FourCourtJester
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 8:05pm | Report

Hi guys,

This should be fixed on our next push. I changed the way the buttons behave slightly.

- For new articles, 'Save' & 'Publish' will be your first options. Saving won't publish, but Publish will save and publish.
- 'View Article' and 'Delete' will appear next to articles that you've saved or published.
- 'Publish' is removed from articles that are already published.

If you fill out a blog post but decide not to keep it, simply close the browser or navigate away to another site. It will not automatically post unless you hit 'Save' or 'Publish'.

This should help clear up which buttons to press when using the blog functions.

- FourCourtJester

omg who are you. o_o

Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 8:47pm | Report
I guess the guy who codes all of this?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide