Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

I just joined today...

Creator: KinkyPinkCuffs June 1, 2011 11:58am
18 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 8:41pm | Report
Is it possible to allow you to vote on the same IP, but not make new accounts on that IP. You still can only vote once but as stated above from Zeprido that could fix the issue I think.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 10:04pm | Report
Is it really that big a problem to wait till you get home to vote? Keeping it simpler is generally a better way to go. If we did what you suggest, it would make it easier to cheat - use other IPs to create several accounts and then from that point on you can do all your cheating at home on one IP :P

As for people at a work place or college campus... It depends on what the external IP is, the IP that our servers see. Hit one of those "what's my IP" sites to see what your IP will be seen as. If everyone on the campus has the same IP, then unfortunately that means you would have to go off-campus to vote on a guide that someone else on campus already voted on.

If someone specifically has that problem, then let me know and we can have a look at it. However no one has ever complained about that before.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

In relation to the above, how would this affect a computer on a college campus?

I was actually wondering the same thing (as a college student)...
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 10:28pm | Report
College students/dorms still have their own uniques IP. It's not just, oh, we're all under one IP. That'd be the biggest security issue ever.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 10:39pm | Report
the dorms are, but what happens if you use a shared comp? Those do have the same IP or at least appeared to...I had this happen once...clearly some other Moba user had used that same computer (in the music department) to vote on the same guide I was trying to vote on...it was a little disconcerting...XD
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 11:01pm | Report
Are you sure that didn't happen just after the recent server outage? We had a bug that persisted a while after we recovered, that caused EVERYONE to be unable to vote after one person voted.

Otherwise it seems like some pretty damn terrible odds :)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 11:07pm | Report
I was just throwing out a 3 second thought lol.
I agree tho, if no one is complaining about it enough to warrant a fix then leave it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 11:33pm | Report
Matt wrote:

Are you sure that didn't happen just after the recent server outage? We had a bug that persisted a while after we recovered, that caused EVERYONE to be unable to vote after one person voted.

Otherwise it seems like some pretty damn terrible odds :)

ur probably right...it was just a little disconcerting...but I'm sure it was something totally unrelated to the IP address

EDIT: I feel I should comment that it was back in february-ish
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide