Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Just made a huge guide - Now it's gone?

Creator: Athan December 15, 2012 9:49pm
1 2
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 12:26pm | Report
Sorry, just people don't usually bump on this site unless they are super impatient.

Also, from the rules: "Spam Comments: Comments such as “lol”, “:)” and “…” that are completely unconstructive are considered spam. Replying to a thread simply to “bump” it to the top of the forum is also considered spam."

Asides from that, I would recommend copying you guide's code into Word or some other program in case this happens again.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 1:21pm | Report

Sorry, just people don't usually bump on this site unless they are super impatient.

Also, from the rules: "Spam Comments: Comments such as “lol”, “:)” and “…” that are completely unconstructive are considered spam. Replying to a thread simply to “bump” it to the top of the forum is also considered spam."

Asides from that, I would recommend copying you guide's code into Word or some other program in case this happens again.

Ah, i know the feeling.

And i didn't know that rule; albeit it's pretty common sense, and i should've known.
In that case: I apologize.

And, haha, yea, i already copied it into Word, and at the moment i'm working on the latter part of the guides. I archived them because it seems like the easier way to do it. Once i get the other parts of my guide back, i'd just put it into that particular guide and un-archive it.

Cheers :)
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 1:24pm | Report
Good luck on your guide then!

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 1:35pm | Report

Good luck on your guide then!

Thank you very much! /bow
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 12:58am | Report
I've assigned the guide back to your account Athan, in case we need it in the future, the ID is 276435. Let us know if you have any other troubles!

@Tarishian if you can give us any details on your guide I can find it in the database.

We'll add some protections soon to prevent situations like this.
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 5:55pm | Report
Just a heads up, I've done some updates to the guide editor now to help avoid this. If you are not logged in when you go to edit/create a guide, you will get a message warning you. If you are logged in, it will track your user id in the page. If your session times out and you get logged out, then when you go to save or publish it will stop you and tell you to open a new tab and log in first.

Should prevent this from happening again :)
devdevil
<Member>
devdevil's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 6:48pm | Report
This may not be related to this event, but when you select a slot to choose which Champion you would like your guide to be of, it doesn't show up...
I do wait for it a bit, but it just looks like it's loading for a while...
Any suggestion for why this might happen?
(By the way, my internet and PC are working)

+rep me if you think I did something cool enough to deserve it!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 7:33pm | Report
Fixed, sorry about that!
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2012 8:52am | Report
Matt wrote:

Just a heads up, I've done some updates to the guide editor now to help avoid this. If you are not logged in when you go to edit/create a guide, you will get a message warning you. If you are logged in, it will track your user id in the page. If your session times out and you get logged out, then when you go to save or publish it will stop you and tell you to open a new tab and log in first.

Should prevent this from happening again :)

Awesome work, hehe :D

Yes i already had your new system help me out again, cheers :P
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide