Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire, we need to talk

Creator: Meiyjhe February 29, 2016 9:12am
1 2 3 4 5
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 9:25pm | Report
I won't chime in to much but here are some thoughts.

1. I really loved the old way of viewing guides on the front page. By far the best place to see guides. New, high elo and scouted pretty much covered any guides you could want to see.

2. Inhouses. I've been playing inhouses for years. They were honestly what got me to lvl 30 and kept me playing for a long time and were incredibly fun. In those days I was by far the worst player in the inhouses but although I took a lot of "hate" (i hesitate to say good natured ribbing) I never really felt to much like that was a bad thing. The games were mostly about having fun, even though there were still a lot of good players in those games and they were generally competitive. It was about trying your best, but not necessarily about winning. And on a related point, I know how frustrating it is for people not to be in the same chat, but personally I've always requested either Skype or Crs Voice because my computer is **** enough not to be really able to handle ts most of the time.

3. Core of the community.

This is an interesting point, but I don't think Mowen/wayne/psi (and nothing against them) make up most of our "core" of mobafire. Mobafire and what goes on in it are different for everyone but to me Mobafire was always the place to go if I wanted to look at some interesting things, theorycraft, or hang out with friends.

Now when you look at Mobafire now, they've really strayed away from those things.

Back in the day we were mostly self managed and tbf a lot of things were cluttered around the forum or not very professional because Mowen and Scrax were pretty much our only active mods (yeah, i'm talking ancient history here, sue me) with DEWO popping up every once in a while.

Certain users certainly did troll and make off topic comments or de-rail threads completely, and I don't have a way of really explaining it very well, but those times are what made me laugh a lot and spend a lot of time on the site.

Nowadays as soon as NicknameMy posts a theorycrafting thread (regardless of how ridiculous they are) we attack him for it and very little discussion actually goes on. Mobafire used to have huge gigantic threads of pages and pages of theorycrafting and a lot of discussion about those, as well as it being a great place for new players/members to go to learn more about the game. There's a pretty huge disconnect between that and the wasteland currently there which hasn't been posted in, in 2 weeks and there hasn't been a meaningful discussion in months.

Off topic as well, has seen a shift from a silly forum that was frequented by the trolls of Mobafire, while still having some interesting topics (at least to me) towards a more serious forum where there's basically one thread of random gifs and memes and random **** and everything else is kind of...on topic?

also looking through that thread it's not even off topic you guys are doing it all wrong you can't talk about mobafire in off topic that would go under the other forums for mobafire stuff!!!111!!!

Just seems like the site activity has gone down a lot as a result of Mobafire wanting to portray itself as a more serious site with competitive users and mainly for those who are competitive - guide system, scout system, the front page, and mentality of inhouses etc all seem to point towards that, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing to clarify, it's just not what drew me to Mobafire in the first place, nor is it what I think Mobafire originally "catered" to.

Just my 2 cents and a lot of personal opinion here.

1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide