Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Part of my guide was removed

Creator: Apotheosis October 2, 2010 3:39pm
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2010 3:39pm | Report
So far I've noticed that the end of my guide has been removed, and I haven't touched it. Is there any way you can go back and pull the information back up so that I don't have to redo it. Thanks.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 8:09am | Report
We would never remove content without letting you know, however it's possible that something you had in your build caused issues we haven't encountered before with the filters. I compared the database version with what is showing on your guide and it all seems there, do you remember if you had any particular bbcode tags at the point where it got cut off? Or if you put any HTML or such?
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2010 6:52pm | Report
I tried creating a new Conclusion to my guide, since I didnt know if you had read this post or not, and I cant add to it. I wasnt sure if you all created a cap to guides, I hope not because I remember there was discussion on that in the past. There was BBcode and a picture input at the end of it.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2010 9:37pm | Report
Hmm, well actually the open text data type does have an upper limit, I just looked it up, it's 65,535 characters. So if your guide went over 65k it might have gotten cut off. I'll look into it and see if I can increase this without opening ourselves up to potential abuse.
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 12:26am | Report
Ok, I believe that I can safely say that I have reached the cap on my Guide. I copied the entire guide desc and added a section to see what would happen. It was successfully added, but for a price. By doing so, it deleted the same portion in characters at the bottom of my guide. So I ask, as you are attempting to fix this, to allow me to add more to my guide or possibly give me a solution so that I may continue to add w/o consequence. Again, if possible, please pull up some of the info that I had on the guide before when it was deleted. I'm not sure it's possible for you to do, but it's worth asking. Thanks!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 10:30am | Report
It looks like I can bump it up. I'm a little worried about what will happen as this is a very large data type but I'll do some testing first.

What size do you think you would need? Imagine your guide is as big as it could possibly get... How many characters do you think that is? 100,000? 150,000? More?
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 10:45am | Report
Wow, I have no idea. If 65,535 is the cap, then I'd have to say I need to be around 80-90k characters, and if possible, I'd be happy with 100k. Again, that's assuming that I capped at 65,535 characters. I'm sorry, I'm not like every other guide creator. When I find new things out, I go ahead and post them. Thanks a lot Matt!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 11:25am | Report
No that's fine :) I'll see if I can expand the limit to 100k then.
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 11:33am | Report
Thanks a lot again Matt! Hopefully we don't run into this problem again, and if you could, let me know when you finished doing this so that I can quickly add to the guide :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide