Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Proposition for the vote system on build :)

Creator: gabpin August 21, 2011 10:21am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:21am | Report
Hi, recently I realized a lack in the voting system for build : randoms downrates vote for no reason. Right now you reading that and thinknig : another qqer mad of beiing downranked on his build but that not my point. I think that COmmentary should be necessary to post a vote on a build so if you recive a negative vote at least you can know why. Like for my build I got 24 vote positive votes and 2 negative's one. I didn't recive commentary for the 2 negative so I can't know what I did bad and the vote are prolly from other guidemaker that want to take their way up or from people just downraking because my build isn't the way they are playing the champ for example

So here it is for my proposition : oblige commentary for vote I hope you will really think about this

Gabpin
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:24am | Report
Btw don't be mad at me or anything I accept the downvote I'm not trying to argue on this... jsut proposing something :D
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:26am | Report
We had this for a while. That was why we have guides like Xai's that is never going to be dropped from the top 3 simply because of how much it was "forced" to be upvoted.
Basically, if you always have C2V on, all guides will get massively inflated scores because nobody wants to down vote.
True love is found only in yourself.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:29am | Report
No.
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:53am | Report
ok than say hya to randoms downvote :D
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 11:12am | Report
You get random up-votes as well. Regardless if the voter is a new member, or as old as me, they are still allowed to vote. An opinion is an opinion. Deal with it :)
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 11:46am | Report
hahah thanks for dowvote my buidl its funny how since i psoted that i recived 2 down more hahaha so funny
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 11:48am | Report
I didn't down-vote your build, I didn't even look at it.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 11:55am | Report
The problem with your suggestion is that it could make some guidemakers take "revenge" and downvote guids from people, who have downvoted their guide.
And this is not something that should be strived to achieve, at least not in my opinion.

Your guide will always get random downvotes from trolls and people, who simply disagree with your build/guide, but are to lazy to write a comment or they are afraid of "revenge downvotes".
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 12:42pm | Report
We resisted implementing anything like what you described for a long time because we knew it would be a mess, but authors desperately wanted it so we finally caved and did it. Guess what? It was a total mess. The trolls still trolled, only more so. The smurfs still smurfed, only more so. The credible voters walked away because it wasn't worth the risk of getting retaliated against, to speak their minds. Our mods could barely keep up with the wailing and crying. Scores became completely unrealistic. Balance disappeared. If you can't handle an anonymous down vote, how can you handle a down vote that tells you why they think your guide is bad? Or one that just says "ASASFDSAFSD LULZ". You'll be back here two minutes later raging about "trolls". You can't force people to comment constructively.

So yeah, what Scrax said.

Stop being paranoid and biting your nails while staring at your votes and then raging and jumping to wild conclusions every time you get a negative vote. Everyone gets them, and I know it's painful to hear but, not every guide is a shining golden star of magnificence. Talk to the people that are willing to talk, find out what they did/didn't like, read all of the various "guide to making a guide" guides on the site, learn from your peers, practice more, update your guide. Turn your score around by making your guide better, not by trying to change the rules.
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide