Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Question] Elo Border

Creator: jhoijhoi January 10, 2013 2:09pm
57 posts - page 3 of 6
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 12:49pm | Report
We don't necessarily want to but it is what people seem to want. MOBAFire is a business, not simply a forum. Although, personally I disagree with that it'd make us look like solomid.

once the guides are divided into who has platinum and who does not then people who came to the site will think "oh, theres no guide for X form a platinum guy, better go check somewhere else"
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 12:59pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

once the guides are divided into who has platinum and who does not then people who came to the site will think "oh, theres no guide for X form a platinum guy, better go check somewhere else"

Not at all. Platinum will be preferred but doesn't mean anything. Otherwise people would only be using LoLPro and Solomid anyway as the most of the real high-elo players and tournament players can be found there.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 1:03pm | Report
FireLord wrote:
right now your providing the information. if i want to know your elo i can easily see it, and thats good. in another your no longer just providing the info, your separating your members into who can play better or worse.

And how, exactly, is this different from having the icon, which already separates Gold+ from the rest of us?
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 1:13pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

right now your providing the information. if i want to know your elo i can easily see it, and thats good. in another your no longer just providing the info, your separating your members into who can play better or worse.
it's like having everyone wear a different colord scarf IRL depending on the income. oh, you make 100k$ a year? heres a yellow scarf. you make 1 million? heres a platinum scarf. you don't have a job, well no scarf for you!
would you like that? to be constantly compared with everyone else who makes more money than you?

Your point is invalid. Your analogy is completely terrible. Jai is simply recommending a border and you say, "members into who can play better or worse". You can be 900 ELO and still play like a 1700.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Hard-work and perseverance.
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 1:42pm | Report
Minho wrote:

Your point is invalid. Your analogy is completely terrible. Jai is simply recommending a border and you say, "members into who can play better or worse". You can be 900 ELO and still play like a 1700.

^ this- it's literally the same as giving a trophy to a victorious party and since its already a competitive game (which already separates and rewards people who do well consistently from ones who don't), I don't think that this is an insane leap.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 1:49pm | Report
Valkenhyn wrote:
this- it's literally the same as giving a trophy to a victorious party and since its already a competitive game (which already separates and rewards people who do well consistently from ones who don't)

no, it's like a "victorious party" receiving the trophy for winning and then also receiving more and more trophies from other places just because that one match

but i don't care anymore, i'll just like ask a friend of mine whos real good at lol to put me on gold so i have a border too and then my comments will be worth more than other peoples

Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 1:58pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

no, it's like a "victorious party" receiving the trophy for winning and then also receiving more and more trophies from other places just because that one match

No one is getting gold from one match, they are getting gold because they are able to win consistently, also I'm pretty sure that anyone who is consistently on this site gets a feeling for who's opinions are worth giving weight and who's aren't irregardless of their elo.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 2:03pm | Report
Valkenhyn wrote:

No one is getting gold from one match, they are getting gold because they are able to win consistently, also I'm pretty sure that anyone who is consistently on this site gets a feeling for who's opinions are worth giving weight and who's aren't irregardless of their elo.

You'd think so yeah...
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 2:10pm | Report
but not for new people who come to check on the guides! because they'll be like huh hmm

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Valkenhyn wrote:

But a fair amount of people are just here for the guides and don't even bother making an account. If they see a high elo say such-and-such, they'll think it's true, no matter how ******** it actually is.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide