Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Question] Elo Border

Creator: jhoijhoi January 10, 2013 2:09pm
57 posts - page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 9:51am | Report
What matters is the border is supposed to indicate YOUR skill not someone else's. That defeats the entire purpose of having ELO verification if we take people who we know cheated to get their ELO.

Also, we require 50 games to be played in order to qualify for verification. This takes a large portion of the "luck" out of it.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 10:10am | Report
well, i think it was jhoijhoi who said that you can still be skilled without being gold elo, so how are you going to reward those?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 11:07am | Report
Valkenhyn wrote:

it would show up in more places since it's a fixture on your profile pic which shows up in more places than just the side of a comment pannel...other than that, nothing

That's not what sirell meant when asking the question. The question is "how is having icons for people who are gold not elitist when adding elo borders to it is?"
It'd make more sense if he'd either be in favour of or unhappy about both of them.

FireLord wrote:

well, i think it was jhoijhoi who said that you can still be skilled without being gold elo, so how are you going to reward those?

Exactly how would rewarding those people work, may I ask? Who is to say whether someone who's not gold is knowledgeable or not and deserves a "reward" (whatever that might be)?

We can't reward people based on opinions, we're basing it on the fact that someone was skilled enough to reach gold or higher (please note I mean the person itself reaching the rank, not someone else playing for them).

Also, you should probably read this again:

Mowen wrote:

Luckily this is a videogame and people can accept your opinion without you having to prove you know what you're talking about, but when you can prove you know what you're talking about that's even better. As others have said if you post on the forums a lot and people consistently agree with your opinions you will increase your ethos. If you have a symbol to show that you have experience you increase your ethos. Both ways are valid and encouraged.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:47pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Exactly how would rewarding those people work, may I ask? Who is to say whether someone who's not gold is knowledgeable or not and deserves a "reward" (whatever that might be)?

We can't reward people based on opinions, we're basing it on the fact that someone was skilled enough to reach gold or higher (please note I mean the person itself reaching the rank, not someone else playing for them).

but you dont know that the person is skilled because it reached gold either. like i said i can ask a friend, so how will you decide whos gold because he deserves it and who doesnt?
and i can still ask my friend to help me without playing on my account. he just needs to play with a carry and i play with a support

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:48pm | Report
If they've played 50 games and still have gold they deserve it. People work hard for this and it'd be nice if you'd stop devaluing it.

If people are skilled without having gold elo and want a reward...they should just go get gold elo? I don't see the problem here, if they want a reward for being skilled that badly there should be no problem proving it in ranked games. The game itself only measures skill by Elo.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 1:02pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

If they've played 50 games and still have gold they deserve it. People work hard for this and it'd be nice if you'd stop devaluing it.

If people are skilled without having gold elo and want a reward...they should just go get gold elo? I don't see the problem here, if they want a reward for being skilled that badly there should be no problem proving it in ranked games. The game itself only measures skill by Elo.

and why are they receiving rewards in this forum for being good in ranked games? its no longer about showing peoples elos (which can be useful), its about giving them cool avatars. the ranked games have nothing to do with this forum so it makes no sense for mobafire to give them rewards as well.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 1:07pm | Report
This forum is for League of Legends guides, of course it has to do with being good at the game. It's so that guide readers and people asking for help can see when people have proven to know what they're talking about.

Edit: nevermind it's a troll account.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide