Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Quick little bug with Mastery icons.

Creator: Lugignaf July 28, 2011 5:44pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 5:44pm | Report
If you enter perseverance as a stand alone thing, It will always show Garen's passive of the same name. Is there a way to get the mastery instead?
Perseverance
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 5:59pm | Report
This has been pointed out in the vet forums and I'm not quite sure how Matt intends to handle it, lol.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 6:01pm | Report
Maybe mastery-perseverance?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 6:11pm | Report
At least it's been noticed and is being taken care of. Thanks guys.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 7:15pm | Report
The solution will be to call the "raw" wiki tag. In the back end, doing double bracket wiki calls actually calls on another bbcode tag called wiki. In the next site patch I will modify it so you can specify what you want like this;
Code:
Replace [[perseverance]] with either [wiki mastery=perseverance] or [wiki ability=perseverance]

However, there is another problem. Riot spells it two different ways, which is reflected in our database. Perseverance Perseverence note the a becomes an e in the mastery name. This is annoying, just noticed it now. Not sure if we should change the one in our db to the proper spelling (which I believe is with an a) or just leave it. I plan on improving the wiki links to handle common typos and misspellings at some point though, in which case both spellings would work and you'd still need to use the above solution to specify that you want the mastery and not the ability, or vice versa.

Anyways, there you go :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 7:24pm | Report
Oh that's a great answer. I always misspell the passive as the mastery and being a spelling nut, I would never get the mastery.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 8:34pm | Report
I think you should keep the names as is.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide