Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Replying to the Reports

Creator: Canoas May 19, 2011 7:58am
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:58am | Report
Can the mods let us know that they have looked at our report? Sometimes they do but sometimes they don't. Without a reply I just get the feeling the report wasn't read and it discourages similar actions.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I really liked in that in WOW Blizzard always replied to you, even if they couldn't say what they did the GMs would let you know that your voice was heard. In games like LoL, however, reporting is really frustrating because it just feels like you're talking to a wall. The same happens in mobafire too = (

A simple "We got your report, but we can't let you know our decision" would be wonderful.

Thank you in advance
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 8:04am | Report
Depends on how many you send, I've sent so many they don't even bother replying to me anymore hehe (jokes I know you do =P) but maybe a Vet report is prioritized over general users? idk.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 8:16am | Report
Unfortunately we don't have a big team of GMs like Blizzard :) The mods do the best they can, but we get a lot of reports and it is very time consuming to reply individually to every single person.

However, you can rest assured that EVERY report is read, reviewed and dealt with, often by more than one of us. We have an issue tracker system built right into the site that the mods use to keep on top of reports. It shows up just like unread messages and won't go away until one of the mods assigns it to themselves, deals with it and closes it.

I should also mention that the system maintains a history of all reports against every user. Every time someone new reports that user, regardless of what they were reported for, it gets bumped in the issue tracker and the past history of reports is all there. This way we can see the chronic trouble-makers and can escalate our response as necessary.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 2:30pm | Report
Some reports are left open because the mods can't deal with it and we basically shove the problem over to Matt to fix - of course, he's been really busy so he can't handle it all.

That in particular is what happened to your report, but you're correct - I should have PMed you saying that I sent the issue to Matt.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 2:37pm | Report
It's not that it's important to get a reply, I just like knowing I'm not talking to a wall = (
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 2:39pm | Report
We can guarantee that we check every single report, though.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 8:46pm | Report
Basically submitting a report is the equivalent of PMing all the mods and the admins. You will be heard loud and clear :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide