Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion + Poll] Tech Forum

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK June 2, 2012 3:06pm
1 2
Would you use the tech forums if they were available to you?
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 3:06pm | Report
I was thinking of something that would be fun, especially because we have quite a few techies here on MOBAfire.

What about a tech forum? It can have multiple sub forums such as Building, Windows, CPU and Overclocking, GFX, etc. like Tom's Hardware or something.

Quite a few game forums have a feature like this like teamliquid.net.

We can even have a new title such as Tech Guru or something (Searz *cough*) that will constantly provide reputable answers to people in the forum.

I also think that it will attract a new body of people to the site (more traffic = more $ for Matt and team! :D)

So? Thoughts?
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 10:27pm | Report
I would like to see this.

I'm not geeky enough for Tech so I will be glad to ask questions in the Tech forums (if it ever gets created).

And it will be nice for people to show-off their builds in that forums and that gets sticky'd. I love reading/checking out people's builds (as I am building a desktop right now and it is the first time I will assemble it myself, it would be nice for me to ask Mobafire members, since this is the only forums I check at all, on tips/advices on how to set it up).

Good suggestion.
(Discontinued)
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 10:38pm | Report
It would be too much of a variation to MobaFire's purpose. This is a LoL site about...LoL. While we can go into other topics (as already seen with the signatures and art), they have to be relating back to LoL. Besides, just search if you want to find forums such as that.

Of course, don't take this like I came down a mountain with ten sentences doodled down on a stone slab and started preaching. No, Matt could say yes to this for all I know; I just doubt it.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 1:47am | Report
idk, it is still a computer game and with it a lot of computer geeks ^^ would be fun and appropo, imo

@Weekend,

thanks for your support! I just built actually, if you have any questions/need any help PM me!

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 2:16am | Report

I am building a desktop right now and it is the first time I will assemble it myself, it would be nice for me to ask Mobafire members, since this is the only forums I check at all, on tips/advices on how to set it up).

go to off-topic for that. Though it holds mostly gibberish posts, there are posts like this that do get answered.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 3:54am | Report
I have done that in the past, as well as many others, and it just doesn't fit...this would provide a whole area to ask questions like those and get prompt answers from knowledgeable people.

Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 3:56am | Report
I would have loved this forum when my computer was broken....

Great idea though!
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 4:02am | Report
I'd be all for it if I got a title :D
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 11:35am | Report
I think having 4 subforums for it is quite overkill though. I think it should just be 1 subforum.

Problem is it doesn't really fit anywhere with the current forum headings (LoL, Create and Share, ETC).

I think a forum like "Technical Support" would be nice. There ppl could ask questions about computer problems as well as if computer parts are a good bargain etc. Just not sure where it would go... Maybe in Create and Share could work if it was more like "Tech Talk" or something.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 12:52pm | Report
Maybe, I was thinking it's own section though, maybe "Tech Talk", and in it maybe some more general forums like tech support and computer building and resources or something like that ;o

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide