Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

This is democracy.

Creator: Alahric April 17, 2011 3:30pm
55 posts - page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 3:30pm | Report
I don't like what is underneath this whole facade. What makes moderators think they can lock a thread simply because they find some of it irrelevant, boring or oblivious? How come anyone be able to rend a discussion they had no* say in moot? I realize this course of action can sometimes be necessary, but by what standard? All I ask of moderators is to respect the authority users have over their personal property.

"There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse." - John Locke.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Didn't you just post this in the off-topic section?
I vote for a lock.
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 3:59pm | Report
I redirected but was unable to lock the previous thread myself.
Then again I do hope you are not being serious.
Gravefury
<Member>
Gravefury's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 3:59pm | Report
It's a dictatorship .
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:11pm | Report
What I got out of this post:

Alahric wrote:

"There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse." - John Locke.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:19pm | Report
We lock threads that are derailing, questions have been answered and a new off-topic discussion opens, links to "free RP", threads containing nothing but "LOOK AT MY SCORELOLOLOL!", etc. I reckon you DON'T want them around?
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:22pm | Report
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:25pm | Report
Alahric wrote:

I also found this interesting, although the last post was an utter lie.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/off-topic/mod-powers-4013?page=2

True.
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Alahric wrote:

I don't like what is underneath this whole facade. What makes moderators think they can lock a thread simply because they find some of it irrelevant, boring or oblivious? How come anyone be able to rend a discussion they had to say in moot?

Err, probably explainable 3 points.

1- The moderators are here to ''moderate'' the forums for offensive language, rule breaking and sometimes mistakes.
2- The only way to deal with the ammount of posts which include these (basicly nearly every thread) is to give these moderators the power to do something about it hence the ability to alter/remove posts and possibly punnish the person who repeatedly screws up while warned.

Alahric wrote:

I realize this course of action can sometimes be necessary, but by what standard? All I ask of moderators is to respect the authority users have over their personal property.

3- This is not user's personal property, this is owned by the admin(s) of MOBAFire (or whoever) so they have EVERY right to do what they are doing, also saying there can be no greater rudeness then to interupt another in the current of his discourse is nonsense, it all depends on the situation and things said.

I do agree with 1 thing, i dont like it when posts get altered, unless it contains things that should not be said i don't think it should be altered but rather given a warning, and when it does contain it, it should just be removed and a personal mod post should be placed to prevent possible scams like in the last link, really looks stupid mods, no offense but it really does.
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:47pm | Report
My vote is to beat someone ***! 5 MAN GANK IS ON BOYS AND WE'RE FED AS HELL!

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide