Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Voting Suggestion

Creator: jhoijhoi December 11, 2012 4:05pm
23 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Should authors of XXX champion be allowed to vote on guides for XXX champion?
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 4:34pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I think that's a great idea, Athan, but unlikely to be implemented. I don't know how hard it'd be to disable a new user voting privileges for 2 days, especially as some people join the site just to vote on a guide they find particularly good.

We've had suggestions like these in the past, where users couldn't vote until they had 20 posts or something similar. While I LOVE this idea, as it'd cut down on "I'll make a new account and downvote anonymously" people, it'll also cut down on the legitimate voters who just want to vote and never say anything.

LOVE the idea that people can't vote until 25 posts, but it's not reasonable and Matt and Flash wouldn't do it.

Hmm... As i said, i think a POSTING limit is a little ineffective (and unfair) because mobafire is not such a post-based site - in terms of the MASS of POSTS. I often write long, but few posts :)

I suppose 2 days is a little over the limit, but frankly, a small vote-delay, just 2-4 hours should stop most trolldownvotes.
I am nearly 100% confident it's a "heat of the moment" thing, and if they have to wait 2-4 hours, they will probably not care or have forgotten about it.

Also, if you got a Nasus guide yourself, and you want to downvote a Nasus guide, then add a time-delay between the downvotes you can do on Nasus guides, so you can't just go in and vote ALL higher-rated Nasus guides down at once; This would help IMMENSELY when new champions arrive, to avoid everyone downvoting everyone <.<
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 4:37pm | Report
They should be able to vote on other guides. The main reason is that it's part of a democratic system where everyone has a right to vote. Why let one bad apple spoil the bunch? I know some people downvote other guides to make their guide look better but others just judge those guides the way they judge other ones.

Taking away that ability to vote on guides on the same subject would be sending a wrong message.
Athan
<Member>
Athan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 10:10pm | Report

They should be able to vote on other guides. The main reason is that it's part of a democratic system where everyone has a right to vote. Why let one bad apple spoil the bunch? I know some people downvote other guides to make their guide look better but others just judge those guides the way they judge other ones.

Taking away that ability to vote on guides on the same subject would be sending a wrong message.

Which turns back to my other suggestion: People who have a guide on the same champ will get a time delay between voting on guides on the respective champ.

This way you can ensure they actually looked the **** over before they downvoted.
If they just loltrolldownvote, they won't bother downvoting 10 guides with 2 hours inbetween each.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide