Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

you ****** homosexual...

Creator: ChatterHead August 28, 2010 2:13am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

cobrastyle
<Member>
cobrastyle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2010 8:06pm | Report

Someone is butt hurt and afraid of the HAMMER

i couldn't care less about a ban. i could still access the site and see the builds. you just cant stand to face your own hypocrisy
FlashJ
<Administrator>
FlashJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2010 8:18pm | Report
Mobafire has and always will stand behind personal freedom to express yourself. Topics of hate, personal attacks, threats and other actions of this nature will be taken very seriously and dealt with promptly. However, rude language, comments or jokes do not fall within those parameters.

The issue at hand was a joke. Its obvious to anyone who reads the thread it was a joke. It was in bad taste, uses some rude language and is not something any of the MOBAFire staff would say or condone, but it is not against our rules.

We have in the past asked about a profanity filter and were always answered with an overwhelming no. Should we implement this now? Would this solve the problem?

Sincerely,

The Team
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
dicemancobrak
<Member>
dicemancobrak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2010 8:24pm | Report
while i do agree that build is not very tasteful it would be kinda fun to post joke/nonsense builds and to have a place to post just that to see what others think would be funny would be cool and also if you look at his comments his first response post even says "thank you to all you who can take a joke" go figure?

i'm not defending this just saying language aside the build was meant as a joke over something that most people found to be outrageous in game, upon release Xin was rather OP to a point especially at low level games seriously was a pain to deal with so what he raged on in made a joke out of it now i think we should all just move on
+1 for growing up?
Le Sigh I need a Sig
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2010 9:12pm | Report
The language filter could be optional if you want to implement anything like that at all. Otherwise it sorta makes things bland and boring if it's all censored. Profanity > Censorship anyday.

Gigaffect
<Member>
Gigaffect's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 12:14pm | Report
An indicator that shows that a build contains profanity would be nice for those who are oversensitive. I don't care so much, and I don't think it's a real problem. I rarely see builds with any at all.

Click on them. You know you want to. Except Jax. He's just there for color.
Yo, I'm Urgot. See that plane? BOOM.
Marked4Death
<Member>
Marked4Death's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 12:21pm | Report
If you saw from my original post on this thread, i thought it was funny. the "****** homosexual" comment was a bit distasteful but, then again I'm not either of those things. So it doesn't personally affect me. Again, i purpose a JOKE BUILD section, because this kid's joke build is rated higher then a lot of people's real builds. Which isn't fair to them. A Joke build section with a separate rating system for those would solve all of these problems. Just an idea
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 1:12pm | Report
i also mess around alot (ON PRACTICE GAMES) and sometimes i meet up with some builds that get major lulz or are just plain fun, i've only posted 2 of those said builds and i have several others that i wouldnt mind posting. a joke build section would be awesome. and MacLaren could post his anivia build there too!
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 1:29pm | Report
No 1 wanna hear my opinion on this ban matter? :o guess not and yeah i lol'ed at that xin build :)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 3:32pm | Report
potatis, what do you have to say on this matter?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 3:05am | Report
i don't really know :S

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide