Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jumping on the Rengar Train?

Creator: TPOnMyShow July 6, 2013 9:43am
TPOnMyShow
<Member>
TPOnMyShow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2013 9:43am | Report
So lately Rengar has seen his popularity shoot back up after a lull in his play after the nerfs that hit him awhile back. People had to adjust to how he can be played effectively now, but it seems like he is now a common ban at high elo after his power has been demonstrated by people like Only Rengar, Zekent, and Westrice (im sure there are other/better examples as well).

So since I started playing the game, I always wanted to play Rengar, but was always told he was UP. Now that he is being played and considered storng again, I want to pick him up, but now it seems like the general consensus is that he is in line for even more nerfs/a rework. Is it worth it trying to pick him up right now, or would I just be wasting my time? He is never banned at my ELO, and thought he would be a good addition to my (pretty subpar) top lane group.

While we're on the topic, if anyone wants to add some info about how Rengar is so strong right now, I would appreciate it. I look at sites like pro builds and try to catch streams when I can, but it seems like there is still alot of variety on how to play Rengar, especially in terms of skill order. Some people max e, others max q first, and a few I've seen even still max w first, which I thought went out the window. So if anyone has any tips on how to abuse Rengar's power right now, I'd love to learn.

Thanks in advance!
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2013 9:52am | Report
Rengar was in line for a rework, I'm pretty sure he still is. If you find the champion fun go ahead and learn them no reason not to the rework won't be around for awhile. As for why people started picking him up recently alot of it is triple Q (you can jus google triple Q and find zekents video on it).

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2013 10:29am | Report
In my understanding, he isn't getting a total rework, Riot's just tweaking numbers on his Ferocity empowered skills so they scale with levels, and giving his ult an indicator.

It's totally worth learning him, but carrying with him is hard if your team doesn't know how to abuse your split pushing.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Dill Money
<Member>
Dill Money's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2013 10:35am | Report
The Rengar that has been getting very popular is the nearly glass-cannon, triple-q, "I will melt your ADC" build. I feel like Zekent and Only Rengar did contribute to the rise in popularity, but it was mainly Westrice's performance at MLG Dallas that caused the Rengar resurgence. If you haven't seen it and plan on playing Rengar, then you must see those videos. My favorite play he made is when he completely melted a Twitch, popped his Guardian's Angel, flashed back into a bush, and leapt onto him again #stylepoints. I wouldn't suggest investing time into the current Rengar, because he is still getting reworked.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2013 12:52pm | Report
As far as I know his reworks heavily involve his ferocity usage and not necessarily a full ability rework. Basically his empowered abilities will scale with his level like his heal currently does, making it so Rengar always has a good choice on which to use at any given moment as they are all just as good.

As for playing him, take it from someone who plays almost only non offensive roles like support and utility tank jungling. I play Rengar because he is one of the most fun champions in the game! I say go for it!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide