Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Akali Vs Kat?

Creator: VoiD December 31, 2010 5:31pm
26 posts - page 2 of 3
Gedard
<Member>
Gedard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 5:53pm | Report
Just use Twilight Shroud, and Flash out of there.
My Teemo Build!

It says February 2011, but I just changed my REALLY old build into this. It's not old at all!
shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 1:18am | Report
akali is a better champ ... but when it comes to ganking kat off my chart i play both as main .. i feel like those are the two sisters who weren't sister :P ..

well i mean today i played got ganked 2 v 1 owned both then another 2 came used ult again .. her passive is pretty amazing ...

akali- great with her W ...

you choice
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 11:57am | Report
I am very interested in this. The main concern here is, the fact that sometimes Katarina will start a feeding frenzy early game, and will harass the other team effectively, leaving Akali weak.

But if you are considering theory-wise, considering all things are equal: I would say Akali would be stronger but only if Akali can get close enough, (and hopefully Katarina won't be able to ultimate her).

In practice though, there are just too many variables. (1) Items (2) fed/non-fed (stacks) (3) element of surprise (4) misses (5) minions/turrets.

However, if anything, Kat and Akali are very evenly matched, but Kat is stronger early game with great harass skills, while Akali proves effectiveness after early-game, usually after acquiring .
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 12:19pm | Report
Gedard wrote:

Just use Twilight Shroud, and Flash out of there.

If you have to Flash out to run away from the fight, they've already won.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 1:28pm | Report
I think Katarina would be better, i mean, she's far more efficient in solo queue and more rewarding :D
Something like karthus but with 1 more button, shunpo on someone and press R (quadrople kill!!!!)
rofl
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 1:29pm | Report
Sometimes flash can come in handy though. Sometimes you get slowed/snared/stunned, you can't escape any other way. Don't tell me you never get stunned/snared/slowed Jebus, because my bet is, you do and if you don't have flash you are dead.
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 8:14pm | Report
It's not a matter of Flash's usefulness. The argument was whether Kat is better than Akali, and saying "Just use Twilight Shroud, and Flash out of there" is not a strong argument as to Akali's superiority.

As a matter of fact, 1v1s in general aren't an accurate gauge of champions. Both are viable, Akali probably more so. Westrice mains Akali and destroys people, while Elementz has gotten pentakills with Katarina before.
shadows fiji
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 9:10pm | Report
lol kat can shunpo out .. yess akali can't be seen .. but if you play well n look at your map u...

u pretty much own with kat .. both r my main but i think kat is better y would u use flash to run away ... whn u cn use shunpo every 3secs
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 11:30pm | Report
@shadows you can't have 2 champions be your main... Main means your MAIN single champion >.>

akali to me is a great anticarry. She can easily take out someone out of the equation in a team fight. Kat on the other hand is more of a team fighter, with her BB and Death Lotus. However, she isn't as much of a anticarry as akali since akali can sit on someone all fight, and can swiftly kill someone.

I suggest akali for anticarry

Katarina for teamfighting.
shadows fiji
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 12:40am | Report
@ xaioli .... lol i can troll i think

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide