Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Coming back after two years away...

Creator: The_Rooster13 February 24, 2016 1:49pm
The_Rooster13
<Member>
The_Rooster13's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2016 1:49pm | Report
I have been away from the game for some time and after logging back in to play a quick bot game last night I am realizing this game has changed dramatically. I understand that there are now specific lanes assigned to specific roles now among other things. Besides just logging in to random games and upsetting everyone with my mistakes is there any guides out there to get myself caught back up?

Thanks to any who respond.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2016 2:02pm | Report
So you either started in season 2/season 1 (4-5 years ago, we're currently starting season 6) or you didn't get to a very high level on your account. In any case, it's true that lots of stuff changed. The "roles assigned to lanes" has been there since season 2 AFAIK (may have been there by season 1, but I don't know). What changed is that now most people know this before starting to play the game, since it got so popular, and they get mad when someone doesn't "follow the meta".

Here is a link to a great starting guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/lol-essentials-league-of-legends-new-player-beginner-guide-371292
You can read it all if you feel it's giving you useful information or you can skip that and go to the Summoner's Rift: Strategy chapter. Under the "The Meta" divisor in that chapter you have a skim over the current unspoken rule of 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, 1 jungle.

EDIT: OK didn't read you were away for 2 years, so you're probably low level and started around season 3. There has been the same meta (with slight deviations that didn't last long) since season 2 or even before, so the thing that changed is that LoL got popular and new players already have an initial idea of what to do.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide