Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help with a build

Creator: XXIII May 11, 2011 4:49am
10 posts - page 1 of 1
XXIII
<Member>
XXIII's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 4:49am | Report
I might have posted this on the wrong section of the forums. Anyway, I've been browsing some guides for AD Kog'Maw and as much as they are highly recommended, they never really worked out for me and have been experimenting.

My current build for an AD Kog is: Vamp scepter(to be made into Stark's Fervor or Gunblade after getting Malady) > B. Greaves/components > Dagger/BF Sword for Black Cleaver > Malady/components. My masteries are 21/0/9, taking an improved ghost and exhaust but I sometimes skip the improved ghost when using flash. I haven't invested much on runes.

Any advice to improve my build?
Phever
<Member>
Phever's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 7:26am | Report
Maybe a little more damage.?
Thanks to Nameless and Miss Maw
Did I Help You? +Rep :3
+rep +rep +rep for all of the cookies :3
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 1:58pm | Report
I think it's the opposite, you have no survivability. Try getting a Frozen Mallet AT LEAST (this will help you get kills too) or a Banshee's Veil.
XXIII
<Member>
XXIII's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 8:25pm | Report
Alright. Thanks for the feedback.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 8:39pm | Report
I am not advertising here.

But check out Mowen's guide and builds, you might learn some things :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 10:27pm | Report
I don't know if I have the right to post this in a thread asking for a specific champion, but I strongly suggest you change your selection in champions. Kog'Maw in his current state is just horrid. He's so easily outshined by other many champions. Regardless if you're AP or AD.

If you like to 'burst' like Kog Maw, try Vayne, Corki, Ashe for AD. Kass, Annie, Brand for AP. I unno, Kog'Maw is just such a bad champs when compared to others ATM.

Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:51pm | Report
^ agree

Hes been nerfed in the wrong places
and buffed in the wrong places..

Makes him hard to play IMO ;/
Dakirokor
<Member>
Dakirokor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 6:29pm | Report
If you are dead set on playing AD kog grab a madreds bloodrazor it had amazing synergy with kogs W. and I agreed with mowen you should grab some survivablity, a kog with a Frozen Mallet is a scary thing. after that mainly get more attack speed since most of your damage is just % of health so you want to hit them as fast as possible
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 9:59pm | Report
Really it is more AS than AD though, as you want to proc your W % HP damage most often, that is where your real damage comes in

that is what makes Kog really good mid through late game: get some attack speed on him and he can down anyone real quick with a maxed out W. And since it is not base dmg but % max HP, you will still kill quick late game. AS is the most viable way to play him hands down.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Eihn
<Member>
Eihn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 9:58am | Report
frozen mallet + madreds. atk speed boots. then build against aenemies

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide