Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Katarina play

Creator: Derk_TheJerk March 2, 2012 2:04pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Derk_TheJerk
<Member>
Derk_TheJerk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:04pm | Report
I'm not new to the game but after playing the same couple champs for a while, I wanna try someone new. This is where you guys come in! I am interested in using my points to unlock Katarina, but I don't know anything about her play style or any tips you all might be able to give. Now if anyone is going to suggest jungleing, you should know that I have never jungled or have any idea what how to so if thats what you suggest, please tell me what i should do. ANY tips or suggestions would be appreciated!
teemoish
<Member>
teemoish's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 9:15am | Report
Kat is an epic ganker. Her ult(Death Lotus) has a really short cooldown time and Shunpo is always fun using 2 escape from enemies. She is kind of hard to get a hang of because of how you have to balance AD and AP but a really good champ if you have a build.
(\__/)
( '.' )
('')_('') PLZ Rep+ if i helped.
DkSolith
<Member>
DkSolith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 12:20pm | Report
I will agree with teemoish Kat is an epic ganker and she is my favorite my champion.Her passive is really awesome because after you get a kill or assist you get 25 bonus gold and her cooldowns are getting reduced by 15 seconds.I won't be the one to tell you to unlock katarina or not because it depends on different things like if you will like her and play until you master her playstyle.I have unlocked many champions because my friends adviced me to do so but i never play them because i don't like them.

If you like playing a champion who gets inside the center of the teamfight and uses his ultimate to bring down the enemy champions then katarina is the champion for you.
Derk_TheJerk
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 2:31pm | Report
Okay well I unlocked her because she seems really cool and fun to play but i wanna learn to play her first, so I'm doing bot games to get the hang of her. Thanks for the comments!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 9:16am | Report
http://www.youtube.com/user/ballubber

Check out this channel,

http://www.facebook.com/TiensiNoAkuma

This facebook page,

And second top Kat guide (ilke994 feat TiensiNoAkuma - 2200 elo Katarina.)

All you need to learn to play Kat like an absolute pro.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 9:04pm | Report
albableat wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ballubber

Check out this channel,

http://www.facebook.com/TiensiNoAkuma

This facebook page,

And second top Kat guide (ilke994 feat TiensiNoAkuma - 2200 elo Katarina.)

All you need to learn to play Kat like an absolute pro.

Because this just needed to be on here for emphasis. This guy is 2300 ELO. He's godlike with Katarina.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 5:33am | Report
+ rep to albableat and MyRepublic for good Katarina information.

One thing to always remember when you are playing Kat:
1) Wait until the teamfight has started before you jump in, even if it means missing some of the fun. A dead / interrupted / CCed Kat does 0 dmg.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy her!
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 7:56am | Report
Want to know how to gank with Kat? Pay attention to your map and the wards. Hide in a bush for an enemy to walk by. Death Lotus. Their health drops dramatically and they can't even see you. Then Shunpo for the kill...walk away. :)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Derk_TheJerk
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 3:12pm | Report
thats actually a great way to get a kill that i have never tried, il definetly have to give that a try!
Forgillas
<Member>
Forgillas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 11:02pm | Report
I love to gank with Katarina... especially when there's three really squishy champions with no CC near me, and they don't have flash :D

Thanks to MissMaw, Xiron, GrimmFate, The_Nameless_Bard, Arcana3, and Nyoike for the signatures! :DD
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide