Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Looking for somebody to provide tips for how to...

Creator: Rivack June 23, 2013 11:49am
Rivack
<Member>
Rivack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 11:49am | Report
I'm not sure if it's the champions I'm picking (Nunu, Nautilus, Mundo, Maokai) or my actual overall performance (I seem to do well but I feel like sometimes I am making poor decisions) but I really just want to improve my jungle performance. I'm looking to make it my main role (switching from AD carry) and I'm still adjusting to a lot of the new jungle changes made in S3. I've not played a ton of ranked this season yet as I'm trying to make myself more comfortable before I do that.

My questions are mainly about if I need to pick more carryish junglers, or what kind of objectives do I need to have, how to deal with being heavily counterjungled, how to predict the enemy jungler, etc... My IGN is Rivack on NA but I will take any advice from anybody :)
Trid
<Member>
Trid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 1:49pm | Report
Carryish Junglers?
The time of carryish junglers has passed. Sure carrying might sound like a great idea but playing like a carry like taking kills is not a good idea. Giving kills to your lane buddies is better because it allows them more freedom in lane so you can gank other lanes.
Objectives?
Wards wards and more wards. Wards in a straight line are a good idea so you can see if you are being counterjungled or help your lanes see if they are being ganked. Learning spawn times and respawn times of jungle camps, dragon and baron can be very beneficial to your own team. For instance, if you see three man top on the enemy team and you are near bottom lane. Do dragon with your bot lane and your mid lane. If your top laner dies and you lose the turret, atleast you got a global objective to even out the gold.
Counterjungling?
With the experience being moved to the blue and red buffs, losing a buff can be extremely detrimental. The only advice I can give is to keep timers on your camps and to ward to make sure a pesky Nunu isn't around. But if you are playing Maokai and you are counterjungled by an opposing Nunu, get your midlaner to come and help kill/fight him off. If you are on the other side of the map, check his buffs or gank the lane.
How to Predict the enemy jungler?
Wards help :D But if you see a lane heavily pushed up with a champ on your team low, there is a high chance (if the opposing jungler is any good) that the lane will be ganked. So be around that area just in case that happens if your laner still wants to cs. Also, try to get a general idea as to where opposing junglers start(blue buff or red buff) in order to know what lane they might first gank.
~Trid Have fun!
Rivack
<Member>
Rivack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 8:12am | Report
Are there any specific champions in the jungle that are "more capable" of carrying my team in normal games and solo queue? I've been trying to just pick very tanky aggressive CC heavy champions.
Trid
<Member>
Trid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Well right now Nunu is one of the best because of the buff control he provides. Other champions that help your team out are Lee Sin (early ganker/late game tank), Hecarim (great post 6 ganks), Zac (long range initiate + great cc ult), Elise (cc, gap closer and variety of damaging skills and can be a good tank) and J4, (great ganks especially post 6 and his ult can go well with many adc ults).
~Trid

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide