Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New to ranked 0-10 had a troll or person who...

Creator: werwew19 December 9, 2012 10:08pm
werwew19
<Member>
werwew19's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2012 10:08pm | Report
Hey guys well the title is why I am here. I hit level 30 end of season 2 and going into season 3 before the new patch with the new items etc. I played 10 ranked games and lost every single one of them due to a troll or someone going afk or leaving the game. I know for a fact I am much higher then a 900 ELO player and I heard somewhere that the first 10 games are your most important games. Any advice on how to drag things up? Duo Que I have tried like 3 games but we still always get one of the 3 randoms to be a troll or someone to leave the game.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2012 9:51am | Report
Just keep playing. Duo-q is the best way to play ranked. Leavers and trolls abound, you can't stop it. The best way to gain ELO below about 1500 is to duo with jungler and solo lane, leave bot lane alone. A great jungler will make or break games that low down. That, and get really good at a snowball champ like Akali or Jax. The can almost single handedly take on entire teams if fed well. Other than that, don't get discouraged, it will get better as you get better.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
werwew19
<Member>
werwew19's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Thanks I will definitely take your advice I enjoy Riven solo top is my favorite lane to be :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2012 2:04pm | Report
Stop playing ranked. Best advice I can give you.

Practice normals until you can win fairly consistently or at least snowball your lanes to help a win, in the case of a jungler.

Learn to make calls on when to go to dragon, baron, towers, etc. All of these are important for soloq.

Focus on last hitting. It's a big part of lane cash and having more than the enemy laner will easily help you get an advantage.

It's not only the first 10 games though that are the most important. The K factor, that helps determine how much ELO you gain/lose, will eventually taper out as you play games. Just play your best role/champion as best you can. Trolls/AFK-ers will come along. Just ignore them best you can.
True love is found only in yourself.
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 8:35pm | Report
Try to always get the role that you are best at, never rage at your team, play according to your lane mate (if you have one). Being malleable is the best strategy for solo queue.
DragonRaek
<Member>
DragonRaek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2012 11:13am | Report
Dont give up dude i had 0-8 now 12-14 by playinh my beat lanes(top,ad carry, mid, support( Kayle))
Full Yorick Guide Thanks to These Guys: Jeffy40Hands
Jhoijhoi
xxIAMLEGENDxx
<Member>
xxIAMLEGENDxx's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2012 3:16am | Report
I am going to be totally honest with you, it's really frustrating because I was in your situation last season. Of course, back then I was still a new player and I've also had trolls and leavers like you.

Now, with your record, I am sorry to say but there is really nothing else you can do to take those back, just have to wait for the next season's elo reset. However, you can try and get a massive comeback maybe try win as much games as you can. As long as your in a 50% win rate in my opinion that's pretty good =). However, I suggest you dodge queues whenever you see there is a troll in your team. Reason being is because a troll is gonna troll which results in most likely a loss. So don't bother wasting your time. Wait an extra 30 mins and try again.

If you found this helpful, don't hesitate to +Rep me =)

| Jayce Guide | Jax Guide | Lee Sin Guide | Guide Reviews | +Rep me if I helped

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide