Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Pantheon Item and strat help needed.

Creator: PuPuStu January 16, 2012 11:29pm
PuPuStu
<Member>
PuPuStu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 11:29pm | Report
I'm new and I have taken a liking to Pantheon. When I was playing I was going with crit chance and attack speed items, however looking on this site I see it is not the case, but a few of the guides have differeing opinions on some items. Is chance and attack speed not that important. And when I play Pantheon, what do I do, top, bottom, mid, or jungle?
sorenos
<Member>
sorenos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 2:42am | Report
You can go all lanes. I only don't prefer to jungle. Crit and AS makes you kinda strong, but you will be killed first all the time in team battles. Though, that's my experience. I prefer to start with doran's dagger, eventually when you got enough money, buy a second doran's dagger. Than I will buy CD with 20AD (i forgot the name) or a zeal to make him faster. But than I make him more tanky. That works well for me, but it also depends on your enemy, for example: if everyone is ap (what won't happen), you build some magic resistance, if everyone is AD, you build thornmail :)

I hope I could help you a bit, and sorry for my bad English
SwizzNL
<Member>
SwizzNL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 2:26pm | Report
@Sorenos, I think you mean The Brutalizer!

@PuPuStu If you're going to solo top, I think you should take Doran's Shield to protect you more. For duo lane I suggest buying Doran's Blade because it gives you more damage and some lifesteal :)
Further on, you could try to build him a bit tanky, with items like Warmog's Armor, Force of Nature/ Thornmail (depends on enemy team ofc!) and an Atma's Impaler to give you some nice synergy with your Warmog's (also called Atmog's)

Hope I've helped you a bit with this. Good luck on the Fields of Justice!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 9:02pm | Report
I was thinking about this a lot. I came up with too many different ways that I play him, so I will try to make this generally short.

He is generally really good wherever you put him as long as you know who you are against and know what to expect. I always get Mercury's Treads because Tenacity and the extra magic resistance make a huge difference mid-game. Late game is where you worry about more specific defensive items.
An Infinity Edge is a really good base item for damage as it works really well with his passive on Heartseeker Strike (and the crit from Youmuu's, Phantom, or Atma's). Last Whisper and Youmuu's Ghostblade are both awesome in my opinion. Lifesteal of some kind usually works really good on any AD champion as well.

My personal favourite combination of items is Frozen Mallet and Atma's Impaler. Depending on how the game is going, I will build more offense or defense.

Usually if you go balls out on the well known 'Atmogs' or 'FrAtMogs' you don't really need much defense, but remember that health isn't everything and be prepared to get magic resistance for an enemy's Madred's Bloodrazor.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
holkos
<Member>
holkos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 12:27pm | Report
i think you must build your items like a carry, cause he benefits with 2 spells from AD
Need help with Katarina? Read my build
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 11:21am | Report
Get The Black Cleaver and then build tanky accordingly. You are set on damage until late game, at which point you may want to get Infinity Edge because it works so well with HSS passive. :D
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide