Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Solo Top Gangplank

Creator: DillButt64 September 4, 2012 8:29pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 8:29pm | Report
ok hi im not exactly looking for a mentor to play games with me or anything but i just need some tips with solo top gangplank D: i loved playing him when i was a new player but recently ive been losing lane and falling off later almost every time i play him so i just need some tips or something to help me do better

Note: i do know his Q should be last hitting minions which i do so please dont post just to say "last hit minions with parley"

normally i build him boots and 3 pots for early game and build warmogs and atmas after the boots

but yeah any tips would be great and thanks in advance
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 8:43pm | Report
Basically what you do is:
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 10:16pm | Report
o-o im not just going to get critrunes and do critplank or shotgunplank

but thanks for the information im probably not going to use
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 10:29pm | Report
:p I'll put a serious one up in a sec ingame atm.
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 11:05pm | Report
Here ya go:
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 1:33am | Report
D: kay so i normally build what you have but i took 9 in offense instead of what you have in masteries but im still having trouble with the early game and laning phase so do you have any tips on what i should be doing there?
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 1:51am | Report
If you take 9 on offence you miss out on the full movespeed which you really need to be effective.

Basically just farm with Q is what I do. Liek you're a terrible duellist, just try and freeze the lane by your tower and aim to last hit as much as possible with parley you really can't do anything without items. Eventually the lane will push to their tower no matter how careful you are with only last hitting once that happens run mid and gank, should be no problem getting there and back in a timely fashion with all the movespeed he has. Oh and be sure to force the creeps under their tower before you leave otherwise they'll just freeze the lane by their tower. As I really dislike using Parley to harass if the enemy top laner attacks you cleanse the CC then auto step auto step until they give up you have enough movespeed to make this possible and even though your auto attacks early game are god awful you should be slowing them in your minion line (op caster minions). From what I read before you build atmogs before trinity, always go trinity then warmogs then atmas imo. Anything else?
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 2:09pm | Report
not much else but if i build Trinity should i get a PD or not?

normally i build CDR boots(i can change those i normally get the for more parleys) warmogs, atmas, IE, PD, situational

should i just get trinity before warmogs and not get PD or what? and i know this is a very expensive build and im willing to change it
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 2:20pm | Report
No PD don't need it.

Don't get the CDR boots you need Ninja tabi preferably (the passive is really good) or merc threds if they have a low of slows

trinity before warmogs
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 2:39pm | Report
and should i max W or E first normally i get E at level 2 and W at 4 and maxing W by level 13
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide