Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

some help wanted please

Creator: heartcore88 July 5, 2012 7:28am
1 2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 7:54am | Report
The LZ wrote:

Well isn't it perhaps preferred that you don't
go into PVP before you at least can hold your own
against Intermediate bots?

That wouldn't be a problem if you just played it right away when everyone else is new to the game too. At some point you're just going to have to do it and playing against people who are better than you are is a good way to learn anyway. What's the worst that's going to happen, you'll get flamed a bit in some games? Because that's going to happen anyway regardless of how good you are.

The LZ wrote:

To me it's a bit like
when people go into a PVP match and say "First time (champion)"
instead of having had a go with the champ in bot games.

That's what normal games are for. Co-op won't teach you anything about a champion that you wouldn't be able to find out from reading their wiki page. Bots don't punish your mistakes and don't take your champion selection into account, in fact they pretty much just stand around not doing much of anything all game. I play champions for the first time in normals all the time, though I also usually play premades.

The LZ wrote:

People can report you for being an unskilled player,
at which point matchmaking will try to match you better
next time.

Actually I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything at all, it's just there to make people who are raging feel better about themselves.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 7:55am | Report
Why not trying to get a mentor? What server are you in?
heartcore88
<Member>
heartcore88's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 8:15am | Report
hmm ok, thanks alot.
I never use foul langauge and i don't intentionally feed the team.
heartcore88
<Member>
heartcore88's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 8:57am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Why not trying to get a mentor? What server are you in?

I'm on EUW. The problem with getting a menthor is what champion should i go for then? as you can see i like alot of champions to play so.
VanityVivified
<Member>
VanityVivified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 10:01am | Report
My advice to you is to think about the roles of champions. A good idea would be to go to your champions tab in the LoL client and look at the different roles given on the left side of the champions tab. If you are bored of support, try looking into AP or AD champions, referred to as Carries and Assassins. Clicking on one of those options and making sure all the others are unclicked will give you a list of champions of whom Riot believes match that given role. This may help you narrow down your search for a champion that you would like to play.

Another good idea would be to check out the top-rated build for a champion you are interested in. These top-rated guides usually have a section about what the champion does as an individual, what kind of role they play, and how they function in team-fights.

Hope this helps!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 12:42pm | Report
As my brother once said a long time ago on Armored Core, Halo, and WoW, "The best way to learn is get your *** kicked." True to an extent.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide