Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tactical Question - Bot Lane

Creator: lanilwow January 31, 2015 8:47am
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 8:47am | Report
If we find ourselves with a 2v4 or 3v4 on bot should we just give up 1st tower and rotate to mid?

I found myself on Morgana with Sivir on bot. Against an odd Ryze Miss Fortune lane. We were winning our lane in CS and kills. We pulled FB on MF and at level 8 were at 4-0 on kills (team was at 4-3). At this stage the enemy jg Vi tried to gank but we were well warded and easily avoided it.

On the next gank attempt by Vi we easily avoided the gank and as we headed to our tower our jungle Wukong jumped in late and charged. We tried to support but he followed them all the way to their tower and went 1-1 on his dive.

Vi hung around and harassed till she saw there was no kill to be had and moved on.

So far so good. Bot lane is winning, top is even, unfortunately mid is starting to lose...

Later with a well warded river, we saw Vi and the mid Zyra (who was now 7-0 in mid and had a 2x CS lead over everyone else in game) They headed down river to bot. Our jg Wukong seeing this headed to bot.

Here is the question: Is this the time to rotate to mid and push? Or do we try to hold bot tower? We stayed and tried to hold bot. Sivir and I stayed under tower keeping them back. Wukong arrives and jumps right into the middle. He was shut down hard and never got anything off before they killed him. Then Sivir and I died to the tower dive by the 4. In the end we lost bot and gave up 3 deaths for 0 kills in return.

Now I know we had a questionable jungler, but the I guess the tactical question is do you just give up bot? or would we have risked losing 2 or maybe even 3 towers in the bot lane with that pressure? (I'm not even 30 yet, so this is very low level play.)

Thoughts? and advice for future?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 9:52am | Report
Give up first turret, let jungler rotate to mid and have them 2 man the mid turret. You yourself should stay around with your support to try and hold the second turret (which is way harder to dive and is still full hp by then so its harder to take).

In the end this trade should mean you trade 1-1 in objectives while the farm/xp is split over 2 lanes, while the enemy splits it over just 1, so basically the enemy just wastes time.

To expand a little bit on this, if you are a jungler and see 2 man rotating towards bot - because you have vision control in the river - (making it a 2v4), tell your bot lane to let the turret fall and rush towards mid before the enemy can even touch mid turret. This gives you a slight advantage because you're faster which can mean the enemy loses 2 turrets instead of 1. Another option is to roam top with your jungler, 3v1 dive the enemy top and take a turret there.
Insane DP
<Member>
Insane DP's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2015 1:18pm | Report
I have to agree with Vynertje. I would suggest depending on which champions you are (As is this questions is about the situation in general and not the specific case) you utilize any long range poke you may have on your way to second tower that you can do safely knowing that most likely 2 or 3 of the 4 will charge you.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2015 2:16pm | Report
The best way to prevent a tower dive is to simply not be there. There are times when you're forced to concede objectives like this
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide