Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tip for Ranked Play :D

Creator: Kalaaver February 12, 2014 7:04pm
1 2
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 7:04pm | Report
Okay, so last season i was a Silver V when 5/5 in my provisionals this season and got bronze blah blah blah. I want to give a tip for bronze and i guess silver, i'm not having that much trouble in bronze and should be out soon. So what i do to win is play champions i'm good with (Duh, league 101) but i also found that if i type in chat "I'm a Diamond smurf" or plat/gold whatever you want, that now i must live up to that expectation (Of course i'm not going to be as good as a diamond.) but the whole game i start thinking what would a Diamond do here, or would a Diamond turn on this or engage that, and i found myself doing really good and winning a lot. It's just what works for me, it may not work for everyone but its worth a shot :D
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Don't type in I'm a diamond smurf in the chat ever, it will just lead to flame when you die and make your team mates relax into doing stupid things.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 8:01pm | Report

Throatslasher guarantees reaching Diamond elo gives you a free Rihanna btw.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 8:09pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

Don't type in I'm a diamond smurf in the chat ever, it will just lead to flame when you die and make your team mates relax into doing stupid things.

That's only if you do bad lol, which most of the time i do better when i say that, and at that point i would just tell them i do that to try and play better. If they are still raging then i will mute or ignore them and still try to win.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 8:19pm | Report
"Hey guys I kinda lied to you in chat. If you gave up of position X because of believing I'm actually Diamond and are playing a lane/role you're **** at, sorry but I'm actually the same elo as the rest of you losers. XoXo, Kalaaver"
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 1:33am | Report
Kalaaver wrote:

That's only if you do bad lol, which most of the time i do better when i say that, and at that point i would just tell them i do that to try and play better. If they are still raging then i will mute or ignore them and still try to win.

Still not ideal to mislead your teammates before the game starts but if it works for you then I guess it's alright.

FalseoGod wrote:

"Hey guys I kinda lied to you in chat. If you gave up of position X because of believing I'm actually Diamond and are playing a lane/role you're **** at, sorry but I'm actually the same elo as the rest of you losers. XoXo, Kalaaver"

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 6:20am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I actually thought this was funny, never thought of that, but i usually never say, and my worst scores are like 1/3 or 2/4 i usually never feed hard. Truth is though their going to yell at me anyway if i'm doing bad or feeding xD
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 7:13am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Throatslasher guarantees reaching Diamond elo gives you a free Rihanna btw.

o.o I get a free Rihanna? mail it to me pls.

And personally, its good to think like that *referring to starting comment*, it gets you really thinking about your actions, which is what most people don't do and they end up not seeing how to fix it. So its more like the whole "what would a diamond think" is really just tricking yourself into really putting more thought into your actions :D! And it really does help xD
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The Mobafire S4 Guide Contest!-

Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 12:00pm | Report
NateDog13 wrote:

o.o I get a free Rihanna? mail it to me pls.

And personally, its good to think like that *referring to starting comment*, it gets you really thinking about your actions, which is what most people don't do and they end up not seeing how to fix it. So its more like the whole "what would a diamond think" is really just tricking yourself into really putting more thought into your actions :D! And it really does help xD

Dychronius
<Member>
Dychronius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 2:11pm | Report
So, getting into the mindset of a Diamond player when you're bronze/silver/gold is a good idea, saying that you're a smurf in chat is a bad idea. You're going to get too much flame and hate, and most of the time nobody will believe you. It's better to simply ask yourself "right, what would a diamond player do, and why," than say in chat "guise im a daimend 6 smerf let me mid or i feed."

Do do do dee do do do
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide