Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top or Bot lane?

Creator: nicoabehaand April 5, 2013 11:59pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
nicoabehaand
<Member>
nicoabehaand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 11:59pm | Report
Hi All
I have been reading a lot of guides lately and a few of them refer to Champions being either better at top or bot lane. But what are the major differences between top and bot?

Cheers
/N
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 12:38am | Report
In general, the "meta" is a bruiser/tanky champ top and an adc and a support bottom. The bruiser top champ will be against another bruiser and the bot lane champs will be likewise against an ADC(attack damage carry) and support.

They wound up in these positions partially from the way the roles are played. You want a champ that can aid the team in team fights by stunning and such without having much gold. So they decided to put the support with the ADC. Now the ADC wants to be bot so that when the jungler is ready to do dragon, the ADC will be right there with tons of damage to help fight the dragon.

The top lane was mainly put there because mid lane wants to be an AP champ with lots of bursty damage. The AP champ wants mid because it is easier to gank from, and they are better at ganks than the bruiser. Thus the best lane left was for the bruiser.

Please note that all of this is simply my understanding from playing games with this meta, there may be more reasons or the reasons my be different than what I said. I was just hoping to give you some background since I wasn't sure what champs you were referring to.

TL;DR just read first paragraph for the answer to your question
nicoabehaand
<Member>
nicoabehaand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Well, it makes sense. I think I was reading a Draven guide, when I thought of the question. Thanks for the answer.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 2:54pm | Report
The lane is just the usual matchups you are likely to face given that your laning is a 'meta' laning, which is to say if went into botlane, you'd expect to see the roles as described above by grrg.

When they say that a champion is good for that lane, it means that he is strong against the usual matchups. Suffice it to say, at pro level, no particular meta is described when it comes to laning. Sometimes teams will utilise a lane switch and send 2v1 toplane and so on.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide