Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Udyr?

Creator: tweeboy2 January 6, 2012 3:04pm
29 posts - page 2 of 3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 2:04pm | Report
I don't think he's top 5 at all.

I think he's top 15 or so and hard to say where. I would place him around #10.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 2:23pm | Report
I disagree with you and think you are a very mean person. :P

Though I do prefer to play him top.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 3:35pm | Report
I guess I just consider;

Mao, Ram, Skarn, Shaco, Lee, Amu, Cho, Malph, Singed,

To be a little better, or, for a few of those, a lot better.
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 4:55pm | Report
For my level (25) who do you think I should be jungling with?

I tried nocturne this week and was doing well with him. I do feel like his ganks are similar to udyr's (you have to get in range; not as close but still pretty close), so perhaps if udyr is free I'll give him a test.

I have lee sin, amumu, tryndamere, xin zhao, warwick (just a quick glance at champions I own which I've seen others play jungle as). Who out of those should I play/any others I could try?

And to the guy who suggested jungle twitch, I tried it once, but that was w/o a leash (I always try to do a run without one, and once I can I'm confident enough to play as a jungler because I'll know after my first run through the jungle I'll be left with substantial health for a gank), and I failed :(. I'll have to wait until Twitch is free again and hopefully my teammates can help me. I played vs a jungle twitch once, his ganks are crazy.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 5:07pm | Report
I'd say Nocturne's ganks are slightly better than Udyr's pre-6, but once he hits level 6 they becomes a hundred times better than Udyr's.

Everyone you listed can jungle, however most of them are considered fairly weak choices at the moment except for Lee. Warwick is by far the easiest jungler for a player to begin with, though. It's virtually impossible to fail on him. Warwick and Xin were the first junglers I learned and I've now moved on to using Udyr when I have to jungle.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 5:12pm | Report
Duff did you just list jungle singed as better then Udyr...?

There's a guide on Jungle twitch here in Mobafire (actually two I believe).

Xin Zhao is a competent jungler and you might like him best.

Protip:

Take ghost on Xin, go to another lane and towerdive with ghost after previous damage.

Every. ****ing. Time.

:/

And as for WW, anyone can jungle with him, however be prepared to constantly lose games for your team if you don't/can't gank and get a kill every time you do it.

Nasus is like a better version of WW without the suppress, and Skarner is a better version of WW with the suppress.

Speaking of Nasus, you might like him.

Sit and farm your jungle all day, come out and 1 (or 2) shot dat squishy Ashe while they do no damage to you :3

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 10:05am | Report
Oh well Singed is certainly a fast jungler, but I'd rank Udyr way higher.
WW and Xin are too slow in my opinion. Stonewall008 made a route for Xin and he himself says that Xin is too early dependant. If you dont get early kills, then the endgame will be ****.

Ww is just too slow. He is safe, but slow and has weak pre 6 ganks.
The best to start with is Lee Sin. He is strong, fast and if you master him, you can use him rlly good in rank games (when he is not banned).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 10:08am | Report
Nobody said they were good, we just said they were easy to learn and play. :P
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 10:24am | Report
Well he said he does terrible with skillshots, which is basically Lee sin, so I didn't suggest him :P

Lemme just say that I speak from experience when I say Xin possible has the most annoying ganks in the game. Maybe not the best. But the most annoying.

tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 3:30am | Report
I'm going to try lee sin for a few games and see if I can get the ganks mastered or not.

Xin Zhao seems to have strong ganks (small chance of failing, if failed would be due to flash or some other summoner skill being used up). I'll give him a go as well.

I'm just looking for someone easy to learn right now. I just need to learn the basics of jungling. As long as the ganks are alright and they can clear the jungle with ease I'll be fine with the champion.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide