Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

why don't lobbies...

Creator: turingexp August 10, 2014 11:59pm
1 2
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 11:59pm | Report
display the callouts of players prior to you entering the room? sometimes flame wars start in lobbies just because you call a lane that has already been called, EVEN THOUGH you can't see what they called and they haven't picked a champ yet. it's ridiculous! often people get so angry that it affects their play, which is crazy to me. just display the prior chat!!
Argronar
<Member>
Argronar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2014 6:42am | Report
There's also a timing issue, when you and another player post up a roll at virtually the same time, you see your own post first, it actually takes someone else on the team stepping in and telling who they saw first, since you two both see yourself first in most cases, and in random queue normals that's not a common thing to have. I can't tell you how many arguments that's started and literally it's been so detrimental to the team given that you start out with two players raging at one another because one got the role and had to fight for it, and the other got shafted and probably ended up support when they barely know the role. It's why whenever I do normals I use team builder instead of draft or blind pick. Simplifies things, you always have the role and champion that you want to play no matter what. Problem comes in that you might end up have to play against a cloned lane, but that's rare.
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2014 2:26am | Report
yeah i've noticed that as well. honestly half the trolls troll because they thought they got shafted out of their called out role.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 9:24am | Report
Blind pick doesn't matter as much because it doesn't count towards anything. If people want a specific role, they have team builder. For anything else, there's draft.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 10:10am | Report
There's team builder, for ****'s sakes. The invention of that game mode was to prevent people having complaints about this.

If I'm going into blind pick, I'm picking whatever the hell I want, and if you get pissed over it, that's really not my problem. Sorry, it's pick order > call order. If I pick first and lock it, officially, it means you pick another role. If you pick first, I should go another role. Unfortunately for others, I don't really care.

It's blind pick, who gives a ****. Just pick whatever. If I wanted a serious game, I'd go into draft mode or ranked.
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 10:33am | Report
Half the time I do team builder I just give up because a lobby of 4 spends 15 minutes waiting for a jungler. Blind pick takes 30 seconds and it would be viable if they just displayed all the chat. It's an easy fix.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 1:43pm | Report
It might actually have some costs to "fix" this since I think they're using something among the lines of IRC without storing the messages on the server. This is all speculation of course.

If you call something that has already been called and someone says to you "alraedy cald <insert random insult>" then you can just say "oh sorry, what's left?" and you're done. No need to flame.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 3:39pm | Report
It might actually have some costs to "fix" this since I think they're using something among the lines of IRC without storing the messages on the server. This is all speculation of course.

If you call something that has already been called and someone says to you "alraedy cald <insert random insult>" then you can just say "oh sorry, what's left?" and you're done. No need to flame.

Yeah there has to be some logical reason for it. And I agree about the "oh sorry, what's left?" part but I wish people found it that easy in soloQ.
tasteslikepuddin
<Member>
tasteslikepuddin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2014 8:14pm | Report
I agree I wish people couldn't be stubborn about a certain position.And if riot could fix that issue it would be nice. But also we can look at this as people being able to learn and try to cooperate in a time period that in most situations could be impossible. The best thing I have learned from playing is that you should try to familiarize yourself with at least 4 out of the 5 roles.I know sometimes there is just that one champion you want to play though. Sometimes you can play that champion in a different role. In a terrible example in normals sometimes I want to play Hecarim and I can't get jungle. So sometimes I will play him top lane. My best advice is find a champion in each lane that you love and learn that champion to the core. Then you can be prepared for 80% of all situations. And most likely there will be someone who can fill the role that your not proficient in.
TasteslikePuddin

Click the bear to see my guide
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2014 12:53pm | Report
I agree I wish people couldn't be stubborn about a certain position.And if riot could fix that issue it would be nice. But also we can look at this as people being able to learn and try to cooperate in a time period that in most situations could be impossible. The best thing I have learned from playing is that you should try to familiarize yourself with at least 4 out of the 5 roles.I know sometimes there is just that one champion you want to play though. Sometimes you can play that champion in a different role. In a terrible example in normals sometimes I want to play Hecarim and I can't get jungle. So sometimes I will play him top lane. My best advice is find a champion in each lane that you love and learn that champion to the core. Then you can be prepared for 80% of all situations. And most likely there will be someone who can fill the role that your not proficient in.

Wow yeah that actually is a really good way to look at it. I played with a guy last night who was level 22 and didn't know how to play any role except jungle. People definitely have to learn all the roles because 1) it helps your game and 2) you're not always going to get your preferred role.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide