Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why so Frustrated?

Creator: TheNaethryn January 17, 2011 7:28am
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
TheNaethryn
<Member>
TheNaethryn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:28am | Report
Hi all i just signed up to mobafire and this is my first post! I'm lvl 13 currently and i just got out of a match with my first time using garen. Normally i use sion, so on top of my already badness, i had to factor in how to use a character i have only played like 3 times against and had no idea how to use. To say the least my team lost horribly lol. But losing doesn't bother me at all, i just like playing with my friends and having a good time. What does bother me is that i always give people warning when i know my game is going to be terrible (like say my connection is bad, i am being distracted, or i am using garen for the first time) and yet every time i do poorly, everyone jumps on my case. Why is everyone so frustrated all the time? You cant expect to get a team of smurfs every game can you? Everybody cant be a jerk, i refuse to believe it, but it seems like that's all i play with. So i was wondering if anybody wanted to add me to a friends list or something that is more understandable to someone's lack of skill. That and tips would be nice too :)......i still didn't figure out how to use garen's ult.... lol
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:31am | Report
Use Garen's ultimate on targets with low HP :) Lower their HP is, the higher your damage is :D

Oh, and do you play EU or US? You can see my IGN's in my sig :) We're also shooting out premades when we're on Ventrilo, so be sure to join us sometime! You don't have to talk if you're not comfortable in doing so :D

Why is everyone so frustrated all the time?

The League of Legends community is a highly competitive one. Losing never seems to be an option, and if they actually do; It's never their fault. Sad, but true.

And no, not everyone are jerks *looks at above mentioned Ventrilo thingy*
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:45am | Report
You can add me: Benny Sakura. Then we might play sometimes. :) You can also add TheRayman, which is a friends account I play on once in a while.
TheNaethryn
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:46am | Report
Hi Scrax I've seen you on the forums before...something about a tank Evelyn? lol but anyways i understand that it is very competitive, but it isn't like I'm playing ranked you know? isn't that what ranked is for? I figured getting up to 30 is just honing your skills and once you get there that's when the competition really kicks in. Also i am from the US. Also how is ventrillo used? i have it because a small group of friends i play with use it, but a friend of mine came to my house and set it up for me and added the server so i have no idea how to do that. and I'm not shy at all (I'm in a band that requires me to dress up as a monk in front of people and play power metal :)) so talking wont be a problem!
TheNaethryn
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:50am | Report
Thank you Benny Sakura! i tried to add you but it didnt work though (both names) :(. Also i should mention my summoner name in lol is The Naethryn, with a space, and my account name for lol is TheNaethryn, without a space. not sure which one you need.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 7:58am | Report
The Tank Evelynn was an internal joke for me and Mowen :P I played a game where I went tanking as Evelynn :) Not really how I play her, and for some weird 84% reason people know that as well *cough*

But yeah, I'm on the forums all the time :)

And you're right, it's common knowledge that it's in ranked the competitive attitude should apply, but this is sadly not the case. It's a game that requires you to win for you to be successful, and it also keeps records of it known as 'Your profile page'. It just all contributes to an overall competitive environment :)

Just add me under 'Scraxy' then.
I'll record how you setup your Ventrilo and add it to the support forums, so keep an eye out ;) And good! It's always fun to hear the voice of the people you play with.

Off-topic:

Power metal you say? Interesting :D Got any videos or sound tracks out? ;>
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 8:06am | Report
You also need to remember that people naturally like to blame everyone but themselves. I am sure you are not the sole reason for your teams loss, especially since at low levels everybody should be trying out new characters.

You can add me and I will try to play some games with you. Just don't be mad when I give you constructive criticism, but in my opinion I'm not very mean about it. :)

Name in LoL is Mowen as well.
TheNaethryn
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 8:12am | Report
Thank you again Scrax! i just added you and unlike the person that commented after you it worked! http://www.myspace.com/hexenband#more is the power metal band that I'm in. I am not on the myspace though except for under general info because i am a new member. I am the keyboardist, the same keyboards that aren't on any of the tracks....yet. As for proof of my silliness, i am the guy is the green robe in front of the keyboards haha. http://www.prophecy21.com/bands/fiakra.html

And thank you Mowen i just added you too! And I won't get mad even if it was in a mean way lol. I'd rather hear "You stupid n00b hit s to stop auto attacking so you can last hit minions better god what are you dumb!?" as opposed to "you stupid n00b what are you dumb!?" lol.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 8:33am | Report
Alright :) I reckon I'll see you online in a bit then! ;)

Btw, cool robes :D
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 8:51am | Report
That's pretty sweet! Lots of people talk about making a band but don't actually do it. :) Your bands hair / getup fits the genre! XD
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide