Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Update: Expanded Database

Creator: Matt October 6, 2010 5:13am
1 2
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 5:13am | Report
We've expanded the database to add sections for items, runes, etc... This is part of the upcoming editor tools. In the process we have also overhauled the comment system. You should not notice any difference as the changes are mostly behind the scenes, however it has allowed us to add a number of additional "last post" direct links. Wherever we display the last post, or a date, or a "read more" link, you should find that this will send you directly to the last post of that thread or build.

The menu was getting a little big so we shuffled things around a bit. The "Create Build" menu item is now under the "Tools" menu, which has been shifted to the left. The "Tools" item itself is also directly linked to create a new build, so you can still get there just as easily.

This update affects a lot of things on the site, and though we did a lot of testing it is always possible we missed something. If you run into any troubles please let us know in this thread :)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 5:54am | Report
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the comment feed has been changed. It is now a build feed only. The forum has its own read/unread flags and we don't expect a lot of discussion from the database pages, so we will be updating the comment feed page to be more useful as a tool to keep track of new builds and build discussion.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 5:59am | Report
yay at the forum thing.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 7:03am | Report
*Bows down in the godly dust left behind by Matt, as he march through the streets with a divine aura around him*
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 8:03am | Report
Scrax wrote:

*Bows down in the godly dust left behind by Matt, as he march through the streets with a divine aura around him*

o_O ZOMG...

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 8:17am | Report
Ok, so I got a tad.. Dramatic. Happens to the best of us *cough*.

I've found a problem though. Probably related to this update; Threads doesn't update with who the last reply was from. It says for instance Scrax, but when you go into the thread it's actually DEWO who got the last reply, me being second. Doesn't update correctly?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 8:55am | Report
Ah thanks, fixed :)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 2:37pm | Report
(icon=X size=X) isn't working on some items. I know Its not caused by a typo, and I've also tried writing in many different ways on many different items.

Archangel's Staff, Banshee's Veil and Zhony's ring are just some of them.

Can you see the similarities in the names? :)

EDIT:

So far I can see that Archangel's Staff, Banshee's Veil, Kage's Lucky Pick and Zhonya's Ring isn't working. I bet it's those pesky symbols again :P

EDIT2:

Work's on Berserker's Greaves O.o
Screw it. I'll wait for the reply from someone who knows wth is going on XD
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2010 10:40pm | Report
I would vote for removing "commenting" the abilities in Database.
Also dont know if this was seen and read:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/big-problem-comment-feed-554

After the "patch" you cant browse other than 1st site, of comment feed and this is kinda big problem (for me at least).

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2010 2:11am | Report
Discussion paging is fixed.

Having comments on database items doesn't really hurt anything. We will keep an eye on these comments, so it is a good way for people to point out incorrect data and post corrections. This can help out anyone that is editing content, and keep the editor discussion in one place.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide